Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Why I hate enduro riders
  • timraven

great video, made me want to join the club…. the Enduro club.

Oh, hang on, I already ride my bike so I must be Enduro!

thered

I was told by an Enduro racer’s life partner in a ridiculously patronising fashion that I “shouldn’t base any tyre buying decisions on the basis of what he uses cos the riding he does is so much more extreme than anything you’ll do.”

She went on to add that he raced a couple of EWS rounds and that the terrain is substantially more difficult than ANYTHING in the UK. Antur, BPW or Fort Bill included.

Northwind

b r – Member

Yes, and judging by the vid few of them even needed a Camelbak so no doubt a short ‘lap’

Ah don’t get my started on this bollocks, bottles are more #enduro so now us that still wear camelbaks are basically emergency water bowsers and tool lenders for every damn idiot that’s come out with no kit. But will still tell all their mates and the internet that ditching the camelbak is definitely the way to go, it’s just waaaay better man. I might be shit at racing but I’m claiming joint share of 14th place at EWS for keeping Wym Masters going 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

thered
    I was told by an Enduro racer’s life partner in a ridiculously patronising fashion that I “shouldn’t base any tyre buying decisions on the basis of what he uses cos the riding he does is so much more extreme than anything you’ll do.”

She went on to add that he raced a couple of EWS rounds and that the terrain is substantially more difficult than ANYTHING in the UK. Antur, BPW or Fort Bill included.

It is though, and you probably shouldn’t unless you ride at a similar level. No doubt you were straining against the crushing irony of the fact that there have been rounds of the EWS in the UK, but in general the terrain is a lot more challenging.

The fact that most riders who had the luxury of doing so chose to ride their “trail” bikes as opposed to “enduro” bikes for the UK and Irish rounds is a good indicator.

rockhopper70

That’s my nephew on the opening screen still.
    He doesn’t wear flouro, as you can see.
    He enjoys them and is entering lots more next year.
    His bike has a equipment stowage pod in the down tube so he doesn’t use a camel back, just bottles.
    I’d like to try an enduro but its a little too costly for me and I’m sure I’d do a lot less well than I think I would.

rusty90
    Free Member

us that still wear camelbaks are basically emergency water bowsers and tool lenders for every damn idiot that’s come out with no kit

I share your bitterness 🙂 A social ride last night with two mates; one had forgotten his water bottle and one was “enjoying the freedom of riding without a rucksack”.
    Guess who got thirsty and and guess who had a mechanical?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Ah don’t get my started on this bollocks, bottles are more #enduro so now us that still wear camelbaks are basically emergency water bowsers and tool lenders for every damn idiot that’s come out with no kit. But will still tell all their mates and the internet that ditching the camelbak is definitely the way to go, it’s just waaaay better man.

You know you can actually carry everything you need, even for an EWS without strapping a suitcase on you back? Some of us can, and have raced fully self sufficient, without the feeling of a sweaty midget trying to strangle you all day 🙂

It’s really not that hard!

Northwind

Yeah, a lot of people do say that. Then they say “Can I have a go of that pump after he’s finished”.

Joking really, I’ve no issue with the genuinely self sufficient, or the people happy to deal with the consequences of travelling too light, but an awful lot of racers that say they’re self sufficient, are spongers. I think from now on I’ll say “Aye you can have a tube but you’re carrying my bag to the top of the next climb” 😆

Ferg Lamb takes it to the other extreme, I saw him pulling scrubbing brushes out of his enormous manbag and washing his bike in a river 😆

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Enduro, freeriding, all-mountain, xc, fat biking, DH, CX, it’s all riding bikes and having fun so who gives a s#it? As long as folk are out enjoying themselves. Beats sitting in front of the TV.

wrecker
    Free Member

duro count? in which case its been moshed by beardie singlespeeder-ists on rigid bikes that cleaned all the climbs and were jolly quick when compared to the enduro masses overall
    [\quote]
    I don’t doubt it! And good for them, but I’m sure that they’d agree that unless they won it, they have no place taking the piss.

sirromj

Yeah I know… I know better really… Just felt like being a comedian. A touch of jealousy… I might be able to pedal a bit but only because I have to 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_ZTQ4hSYQ[/video]

growinglad
    Free Member

Weird….maybe I’ve just been riding my bike for too long….but in my day that sort of thing was known as Mountain biking….

What is this Enduro thing you speak of??

andymc06
    Free Member

You’ve always ridden timed downhill stages with marshalls on a taped course???

Thoroughly enjoyed dominating the back of the field in the events I have done this year. (including the one in the OP).

Quite a different experience to a non-timed, non-competitive ride. I would recommend it to anyone, particularly the PMBA series.

weeksy

Looked bloody great to me 🙂

Mbnut
    Free Member

I believe the OP was being ironic… but I am prone to being mistaken.

As many have eluded to above it is all riding a bike.

There is a trend at the moment toward using existing trail centre trails for enduro races. I understand how that begs the question of why pay to ride where you can go for nowt!

I have done some events this year; local off the radar stuff, day/night, national level enduro, EWS and some xc and mini DH.

The overriding thing I have taken from all of them is the fun i’ve had.

It is not the terrain or even the places I have been, it is the atmosphere, the camaraderie and the making of new friends…. like minded people having fun.

Do I like racing… not really, do I like going to races, hell yeah.

I am mid table fodder btw.

kevduckworth

HaHaHa …. love the enduro banter.

Thanks for nice comments on the PMBA series.

Kev Duckworth
    PMBA Series Organiser & Rider Mountain Bikes since 1991

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Why I hate enduro riders’ is closed to new replies.