Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why I dropped out of STW Chub Club
  • SaxonRider

I realised – today being Friday – that I hadn’t posted to Chub Club for a long, long time. One of the major reasons for this is that, after an immediate 1.5 kg weight loss, I just stalled. And when I say ‘stalled’, I mean that over many weeks, no matter how hard I tried, I could not shift any more weight.

Anyway, here I am, mid-May, and I still exactly the same weight I was after the initial weight loss (82 kgs), but my dream is to be 77 kgs. I really, really just want to be 77 kgs. That’s what I managed to get down to last year before I did my back in, and it’s my ‘ideal’ in the sense that I feel great, and am just on the good side of losing so much weight that I actually feel weak and tired.

So say something nice to help kick start the weight loss again.

Please. 🙁

jam-bo

Run fatty run

theocb
    Free Member

I’ve heard there are a load of tubby **** who would be willing to help you out, they tend to hang out on the STW tubby chubby club 2017
    So **** off over there 😀 (tongue between cheeks post jicyac)

core

I haven’t sent my weight in today, I know it’s the same as last week and the four weeks before that. I lost getting on for half a stone of mostly xmas chub fairly quickly, then a few more lbs, then stalled, then gone back up almost to where I started at one point, now back at 15st, roughly where I was after initial loss.

My end target is I think 14st. I’ve been there for a few months, 18 months ago, lightest I’ve been since I was 14 yrs old reckon, and I’m 30 next year. 13.5st would be better, but I’d look a bit stupid. 14st, mostly fat loss, then tone up, even if I put a bit back on in muscle, and I’d be happy enough.

I’m on a sort of stag do this weekend, Monday I’m rebooting my attempt. Three peaks challenge end of July, it needs doing.

Set yourself a goal.

stumpyjon

^that and

I started from a much higher weight and lost about 10kg, then I just plateaued around 96kg for weeks, kept exercising but no improvement, then a week ago my weight started to drop again. A couple of weekends of eating out and a bit of beer was the culprit, didn’t feel like a lot but made me realise I had to keep working on it. So eat less and you’ve got to really want it to make it happen.

myti
    Free Member

Stop worrying about losing weight and enjoy the summer, ride lots and enjoy lots of fresh summery food and maybe you’ll lose and maybe not but if you’re healthy that’s the main thing.

tails
    Free Member

I gave up after the first weigh in, kept forgetting to weigh myself. Think I’ve lost half a stone though, down to 12.6st. Would like to be bang on 12 but that requires giving up bread, biscuits and generally engaging my brain before eating which I’ve never been good at. Should really try but salad everyday just makes me sad.

welshfarmer

I managed to drop from 101kg down to 88kg about 4 years ago (about the same time I started riding the MTB seriously). Since then I have been up to about 91kgs on multiple occasions and down to 89kgs just as many times. However, I cannot break the 88 kilo barrier and get down to 85 as I was 20 years ago and where I really would like to be once more. So I guess I am destined to stay this weight (which is not too bad).

cloudnine
    Free Member

Think i may have ballooned to 63kg.. too much beer and cake

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got a knee issue from last year that I believed would be gone by March, with a winter off, but no better. So, coming into spring/summer 2017 without the normal option of back to exercise when the clocks go forward (MTB, running) to bring weight back to 73kgs area, it’s now eat less, booze less, easier said than done. The prospect of cramming my gut into a wetsuit that was too small last Summer does have an element of self conscious foreboding.

ninfan
    Free Member

So say something nice to help kick start the weight loss again.

Well worth a watch*

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0[/video]

*caution, fad diets dont work, but I think the psychological aspects that he talks about are really interesting – also think the idea of ‘winter’ – i.e.. not trying to exercise at the same time as dieting is interesting, as I find that a real challenge, it just makes me hungry.

my current love affair to get through this is tinned fruit – very few calories in a tin of apricots/peaches in fruit juice and they are really filling.

Biggest trick of all – keep a food diary – this phone app is wonderful: https://www.myfitnesspal.com

grenosteve
    Free Member

timber

We used to weigh ourselves through the marquee season, particularly get the new lads involved. Lot of weight loss at first, then a plateau and finally a slight increase. The slight increase wasn’t a return of podge, but broadening shoulders and building muscle. Not bad considering we could fit about 8 meals into the day.
    Biggest change was 18st to 11st and finishing at 12st, still know the guy and that is where his weight has now stayed.

vickypea
    Free Member

The fact that you say no matter how hard you tried, you couldn’t shift any more weight suggests to me that maybe whatever it was you were doing doesn’t suit you.
    A few years ago I tried eating less overall and cutting out cake, chocolate etc while maintaining the same amount of exercise but after 3 weeks I had put on a kilo! Since then when I feel the need to shift a few pounds I do the 5:2 diet and that works for me.

vickypea
    Free Member

Another thing that might work is a short burst of exercise before breakfast. Sometimes I do say 15 minutes on my spin bike before breakfast a few days a week. I think the trick is to try more than one method.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why I dropped out of STW Chub Club’ is closed to new replies.