Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Why I drink?
  • piemonster

4 beers! I assume you are drinking super strength beer or lager?

Lightweight, very.

@Scotroutes, a weekend in Glencoe happened.

johndoh
    Free Member

drugs tend to be moorish

pondo

btw I’ve never really understood the need to go off beer, I drink shedloads when I do, but I think nothing of not drinking for months at a time.

Then you’re in the enviable position of having your cake and eating it. 🙂

I’d reckon if you actually need to make an effort to stop drinking, really you’re verging on alcoholism.

Well, i’d be lying if I said I hadn’t started to have a few concerns. So it’s quite pleasing to not touch a drop over the weekend and really… Not miss it. Early days, but the journey of a thousand miles and all that. 🙂

To me it makes the night out having a drink with mates more of an occasion and all the more enjoyable.

I think I could get into that. 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

I find that if I drink I tend to want to drink again. After about 3 days without drinking I lose the taste and almost don’t actually fancy drinking again.

seosamh77
    Free Member

pondo – Member

Then you’re in the enviable position of having your cake and eating it.Or i don’t drink in the house and grudge giving pubs the money after a while! 😀 Like I say don’t get me wrong, I can go on sessions for days, I’ve just never had a problem stopping whenever I feel like it thankfully.

I don’t really get that urge that some get where they need a pint to satiate a thirst! 😀

slowjo
    Free Member

Mmmmm beer. Fridays only though and then probably only a couple in front of the goggle box. Sometimes the odd glass of wine. Never felt the need to cut down, even when I was drinking a lot more (many moons ago now).

Hangovers? Haven’t had one of those in years, even after some serious attempts (New Years Parties usually). The best I can do is feeling a bit delicate and off my food for an hour or so.

Getting properly pie faced just isn’t fun any more. It messes with the whole weekend if nothing else. Worse, it gets in the way of my endorphin addiction 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Because i enjoy it and don’t have a peer pressure guilt complex about it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh cheers twin – now I think I shouldn’t give in to peer pressure and I don’t have a reason to *not* drink tonight.

🙄

😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Why I drink?’ is closed to new replies.