• This topic has 43 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by paton.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Why have VW got away with not re-imbursing lost tax over cheated emissions?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

my brothers Octavia which is now virtually unusable

Unusuable? Wot?

craigxxl
    Free Member

He bought the Octavia VRS in 2016 for towing a caravan that after the fix in Jan 2017, which was done without his consent during a service, it now struggles to pull were as before it had no problems. After lots of messing about the garage saying there wasn’t a problem they bought a cheap Hyundai 4×4 for towing the caravan. His wife started using the Skoda for commuting until the EGR packed in a few months after.
    Garage says it is unrelated to the fix and refuse to fix it under the extended warranty. Skoda UK were equally non co-operative so he refusing to pay for the EGR replacing and has taken legal action against the garage through Harcus Sinclair who are also doing a group action on the emissions cheat. Hence why it is unusable. I’ve told him to replace it and just get rid of it but he following the legal advice given to him.

molgrips
    Free Member

Garage says it is unrelated to the fix

That is a possibility though. I’d be surprised if it was unable to tow a caravan after the fix, since every other car can. Some people have reported a slight flat spot, but that’s hardly going to reduce the power to the point it can’t tow.

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otDlbto3-Y8[/video]

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Why have VW got away with not re-imbursing lost tax over cheated emissions?’ is closed to new replies.