Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Why have my tv's no signal after switch over??
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

As far as i am aware the final switch over for Lancashire was last night, Since then I have had no channels, I have scanned etc but still nothing any ideas?

uplink
    Free Member

did you have the digital channels before the switch off?

Some reading that may shed light

http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051492

Bregante

I am just about to have a look at the link above. One of my TV's is fine after re-scanning (also in North West), however the other (a digital set)is only receiving Chris Moyles 😈 with a picture from BBC2 in the background 😕

snowslave

Yeah it was a bit of a rubbish experience for me too. Was watching a promising looking russian war film on film 4, when it died, and too late to wake my 11 year old daughter and get her to fix the wretched thing. Pah.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

"and too late to wake my 11 year old daughter and get her to fix the wretched thing. Pah."

???????

What ?

are you really that useless ?

Bregante

Just rang the helpline for my Tv manufacturer and, according to them, the switchover is not yet finished in the north west region until later today. I've been advised to re-tune again after mid-day and if still having problems, to ring them back. Not convinced though, how come one Tv is fine and the other is w4nkered?

snowslave

Irony wasted on tinternet forum – shock horror…

AndyRT
    Free Member

Check your manual, you may find the tuner is just searching the frequency range where the old signal was coming from. You need to reset it, and start again from scratch. I had this problem with a humax pvr. You may find there is some secret squirrel set of buttons that need to be pushed to make it work.

Hope this helps

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Brengate, do they both run from the same aerial? If they don't (one on a portable maybe) could they have been from different transmitters? (unlikely I know, but thinking out loud) so one may have switched back on, but the other hasn't yet?
    Dunno about you, but I am not convinced by that though 🙂

joe1983
    Free Member

Same problem here (manchester)

zokes
    Free Member

Irony wasted on tinternet forum – shock horror…

Ironic lack of understanding of irony on internet forum shocker…

Bregante

nope. both tv's on same aerial. Explained this to man from Manufacturer but he's been told no point giving advice till later today

stumpyjon

Give it some time, I wouldn't get too stressed about it till tomorrow. I got up to find my analogue signal off this morning, checked the aerial was still up and then remebered the date. Switched to digital and BBC etc. were there. Retuned the box, got a load of channels I wasn't expecting like Fiver and Dave 🙄 but then found the Beeb channels had gone. Then picture quality on the new channels went to pot. We now have the Beeb channels back as well as the new ones and picture quality is a bit better. It'll probably take all day to get it all sorted.

el_diablo
    Free Member

There was a thing flashed up on the BBC last night saying, some areas will go live at midday and some others later in the day.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Freeview, digital … load of rubbish!

Everytime 'they' change something or update or retune or change 'their' software I lose channels, yes I've retuned/scanned etc, but whereas 2 to 3 years ago I used to get nearly every channel in 2 rooms, now all I get clear is BBC4 which, IME, is next to useless as I've never found anything worth watching on there! They did a retune thing recently didn't they, used to get Film 4 and ITV2, now I get a pixellated Film 4 and ITV 4 … uh?

Admittedly, I live in an area that's not suppose to properly change over til 2010 or 2011, but it used to be fine!! Grrrr 😈

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

We can get BBC Wales only. Fat lot of use that is. I'm told that Winter Hill has only been working at 10% of power since BBC2 was switched off, which will account for many problems. Apparently there is far more work going on that just switching off analogue, but they haven't told us that. We're considered not to "Need to know".

What really bugs me is that they've been pushing us all to get new equipment, TVs or boxes, but all they advice seen on TV only relates to the boxes. It's as if they can't be bothered with Freeview ready sets.

zokes
    Free Member
    stumpyjon

Not looking so rosy now, three different tellies, all off the same aerial, wildly different levels of reception. Going to have to fiddle with the cables tonight. Not impressed, picture quality is worse than analogue to.

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

Finally got some TV about 20 mins ago. Had to do a manual retune, but seems OK now. Previously there has been an automatic retune on the TV but this hasn't happened today for some reason.

Even got BBC1 on Channel 1.

pendlechris
    Free Member

Update- Got all of them working, apart from one in bedroom that runs off settop box, spent all night, just been to Tesco spent £18.00 on new set top, 4 min to set up and I am up and running, old box is now in bin..

samuri
    Free Member

It just took some time for the switchover. I tried about 1 in the morning which failed. My son set the tv up at 7 at it worked fine.

Bregante

well, mine seems to be an equipment fault. went to great lengths moving the telly's round last night and the faulty one is still faulty. bloody thing is supposed to be a digital telly and now I'm gonna have to get a set top box for it – after I've had a rant at the manufacturers helpline 👿

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Why have my tv's no signal after switch over??’ is closed to new replies.