Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Why don't people say where they live in WTD ads?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Lots of classified ads asking for stuff “cheap as chips” etc?

Fair enough, times are hard, but why does hardly anyone bother to mention what part of the country they’re in?

I might be inclined to give some unwanted bike stuff away for next to sod all to a forum regular, but I’m not gonna wait in all day for a courier as well.

Just an idea, feel free to ignore.

binners

Pfft! Picky bugger. Next you’ll be asking for mad suggestions like people actually adding the details of what they’re selling. Colour, size, condition etc. And from there its a slippery slope to completely bonkers stuff like actually putting photographs of said item up. And we all know that that kind of futuristic technology just isn’t available

jam-bo

And from there its a slippery slope to completely bonkers stuff like actually putting photographs of said item up.

wouldn’t that be a bit pointless in a wanted ad…

AlexSimon

wouldn’t that be a bit pointless in a wanted ad…

I want one with scratches here, here and here.
    A bit of rust like this one, would be great, ta.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Because the NSA and all the bike thieves are reading here and and if you admit to what county you are in all your bikes will disappear.

bigblackshed

Binners. Stop it, you’re just being silly now.

Actually replying to a reply for wanted stuff.

“Wanted: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH…….”

“I’ve got one of those, £X posted? Also emailed you”

“Silence…………..”

So you didn’t really want it, did you?????

muddy9mtb

same reason they don’t check the For sale forum first

nuke

Be useful to put county at the very least…I’d be far more tempted to buy something that I could pick up local rather than go through the hassle of having stuffed posted to me, particularly larger bits

chakaping
    Free Member

Actually replying to a reply for wanted stuff.

“Wanted: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH…….”

“I’ve got one of those, £X posted? Also emailed you”

“Silence…………..”

So you didn’t really want it, did you?????

No, they did want it… for about 30 seconds.

Then the fannies saw a review of something else on the internet and decided they needed that instead. And were obviously too busy to let anyone know.

theotherjonv

Just a simple ‘thanks, but no thanks’ would be nice if you’ve taken the trouble to respond to a wanted ad.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I had someone reply to a WTD ad of mine, said they’d have a look and email some pics over. Never heard from them again, and guess what, no e-mail in their profile.

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s also the WTD ads where someone wants a cast iron guarantee that the generic part you’re offering for £8 will be compatible with their 2008 Stumpjumper, or it might be 2009… they’re not sure.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Why don’t people say where they live in WTD ads?

Because I guess the Post Office delivers to all parts of the UK so it doesn’t really matter where they live.

jam-bo

Have to admit, I’ve posted a wanted ad before, promptly erased it from my memory and only seen the answers when I’ve searched for the same thing again a month later.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Why don't people say where they live in WTD ads?’ is closed to new replies.