• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Why don't people just get out and ride?
  • Ambrose

Why don't people just get out and ride? "What tyre for this place ", "what are the conditions like in that place…"

Is self reliance a thing of the past? Why can't you just turn up, ride as best you can and have a fun time!

jcromton
    Free Member

Sounds like something you'd find on the side of a magazine. People do get out and ride, surely?

daveells
    Free Member

Where would the fun be in that? 😉
    riding bikes stinks.End of.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

they do, somepeople like to talk about riding in the spaces between rides.

Ambrose

I've managed to lose my post. My new keyboard is REALLY messing me. I don't know it properly as yet. I'm off now, sorry

DT78
    Free Member

Mountain biking is more than just riding for some people. I have free time but it is rarely long enough to get kitted out, and go for a ride, so I fill the time with other bike related stuff that can be done in under an hour. In fact in the 2009 I probably spent more time in the workshop fixing/building/fettling bikes than I did riding them. But I enjoy that almost as much.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Hey Ambrose

Happy New Year!

how was the curry?

sorry to have missed it 🙁

we'll have to organise a self relience ride with the usual crew?

mud/rivers/caves/potholes/blowholes/bothies/snow/ice/rain/mechanicals/nightride/beer/homebrew/pignuts/calvados the works!!

Ambrose

No calvados thanks Pete. And Moel Prysgau has been gutted. I'll introduce you to somewhere else instead. Happy New year my friend 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Ambrose:
    I've managed to lose my post specious argument. My new keyboard is REALLY messing me. I don't know it properly as yet. I'm off now, sorry

Just fixed that for you.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

i ride as much as i can but this week im missing the skin all the way down my left leg where i crashed monday on some ice so my missus wont let me ride til sunday as she said i need to give it "some healing time" i know made me laugh too healing time 😆

Wookster

full time job two kids under three cuts my riding time down! Still in a few years they wont want to talk to me except to ask for a lift and some money!! So I'll make the most of it now!! oldist is now starting his like-a-bike now though and is picking it up fast so soon will be able to take them both out!! 😀

hora
    Free Member

We ask because a ruined ride might be avoided and a day saved in another lcoation. Great surviving a icy/snowbound ride. An achievement however if you can ride that day on some lovely singletrack instead- why not? 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Why don't people just get out and ride?’ is closed to new replies.