Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Why dont people help
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve seen it happen at Mountain Mayhem before now, ok whatever it was called when it was at Sandwell. Going round the course and come across a woman lying on the ground not moving. Loads of people had ridden right past her and not asked if she was ok. When I stopped it turned out she was having horrific back spasms and could barely move or speak. She was taken to hospital by ambulance.

I think today many people are worried (rightly or wrongly) if the person is a nutter and likely to stab/hit them or just plain pissed.

Personally I would stop if I thought my own personal safety wasnt compromised, if I thought it was going to be I would just ring the emergency services.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve seen it happen at Mountain Mayhem before now

At Mayhem it’s always been the opposite for me. I stop to pick my shorts out of my arse or something and within seconds I’ve had hundreds of riders asking me if I’m ok. Not complaining mind, but it’s fairly amusing 🙂

BermBandit
    Free Member

I drove past an accident yesterday. Motorcyclist had been twatted by a 4 x 4 on the Elveden Crossroads near Thetford.

Reasons:
    1) There were loads of people there already
    2) Emergency services were on their way
    3) The place was congested enough without me adding to it unnecessarily

Generally I will stop and help and have done on many occasions, but I don’t feel the slightest guilt for not stopping yesterday. So maybe that explains why some folk don’t stop…. i.e. they don’t think that by doing so they will help in anyway.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Did anyone watch the drama about children being trafficked last night?

I know it was a drama but my big thing (perhaps a natural instinct in me) was why is no-one stopping to help these kids, there was the young lad who eventually got stabbed and people where walking past a young boy with blood all over his top in a public place at another point he was crying and alone I’d have gone over. This was in Manchester every Northerner I know (not saying southern people wouldn’t before anyone says anything) would NOT walk past a kid fair enough with adults sometimes people don’t want to get involved or hurt themselves.

timc
    Free Member

Come on then? where on the wirral near chester?

project
    Free Member

We dont assosiate ourselves with liverpool which is nearer

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Plenty of northerners walked on by in 1993 when an obviously distressed small boy was lead away by two older boys in a Livepool shopping centre… shame.

“All that is neccessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do mothing” – Edmund Burke

craigxxl
    Free Member

I usually try and help if it looks like it is required and hope someone would do the same for me. Last time I did help someone though I wish I hadn’t. During a night out I heard all this yelling and screaming coming a side street. Went down the road to investigate to find a lad beating a lass badly so pulled him off her and tried to restrain him whilst my mate calmed her down. A crack round the face later and I pinned him to the floor telling to calm down and I’ll let him go so long as they went separate ways when I did. He was just calming down when the next thing I know the stupid cow had cracked me over the head with her stiletto heel. Wish I left her to get a good kicking after the rest of the night in A&E, 4 stitches to the back of my head and my best shirt ruined.

Also whilst out with my wife at the Whiterose shopping centre we came a across a young lad distressed, she asked him where his mum was which he didn’t know. I went to get a member of staff to come back to find my having really nasty abuse screamed at her by the mother of the kid that was more interested in shopping than looking after her kid.

It’s not always worth helping when that’s the reaction you get but you still do.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Plenty of northerners walked on by in 1993 when an obviously distressed small boy was lead away by two older boys in a Livepool shopping centre… shame.

Slightly different context though, don’t you think, and a bit sick to use it in this one. We’re talking about injured/ill people, not kids crying dragged about by other kids who could easily be their siblings (which is seen day in day out with no ill side effects!). Shame on you for using that.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Why dont people help’ is closed to new replies.