Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Why don't I like Fox forks?
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Fox haters are fox wanters

Just because you can't afford a product no need to bash it !!

badnewz
    Free Member

Fox is the mtbing equivalent of the i-pod. People are brainwashed by the marketing, but there are plenty of other companies that make just as good, if not superior, versions for a cheaper price.
    This is coming from an experienced Fox user.
    If I was building up a bike I would get RockShox all the way.

Olly
    Free Member

you cant explain it.

ive never owned a speccy, but i would never buy one.
    or a trek for that matter.

fox seems overpriced, and sure they feel nice, but with a 15 hr service cycle, stuff that for a game of soldiers.

dunno how DMR manage to get EVERYTHING wrong, how can they make crap grips ffs? GRIPS!!

some stuff just doesnt sit right with me.
    im not gonna try and justify it, its not important, its a hobby, so if i want to rule out certain things without personal experience, thats my loss only.

pastcaring
    Free Member

Just because you can't afford a product no need to bash it !!

what? i've got more money than you so that makes me better? ffs 🙄

fwiw. i bought rev 150 over float 150 because they have a 20mm axle, are stiffer, and need a lot less maintenance. cost was never an issue as i can get both trade.

uphilla
    Free Member

Think I have had about six/seven sets of Fox Forx, still got 4 of them, one about 6 years old now. Always bought second hand or new discounted, could not afford full price. Find them easy to service and use. Have tried others, and been on rides with others who always seem to be fiddling with their forks.
    Don't care what people say, if they were that bad they would not be so popular – like with the i-phone culture, image alone will not keep people buying, it has to be use able too.

giantjason
    Free Member

i have had 3 sets of fox forks in the past and bought them because that was the brand i had most confidence in – probably down to their expensive advertising.

my last set of forks were Magura and i can say that so far i have been well impressed.

as said before fox forks are getting ridiculously expensive and with their latest maintenance regime it appears you spend more time cleaning and lubing the forks than actually using them and having fun!!

jordie
    Free Member

Eh no Fox Haters are Fox Owners fed up with oil leaking from there surrender monkey seals!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

In the last four years or so I've owned lyriks, boxxers, totems, 36s, 40s, 66s, 888s, 55s to name but a few. Some I've owned multiples of/ Most came on complete bikes, some were upgrades.

IMO setup makes all the difference, a well setup rs fork will feel infinitely better than a poorly setup fox. Obviously. I think the fact that Fox do so appeal to "all the gear" bling merchants is partly to blame for their bad rep – the people riding them have no clue about set up or maintenance. Fox dont make bad forks, just fragile ones that appeal to tarts.

Overall I think the rockshox I've owned have been the superior forks in most instances. Granted my 40s were stiffer than boxxers but they pissed oil everywhere on a regular basis and were no better damped. Rockshox are on a roll at the minute imo with some great products – I feel like sampling some BOS goodness in the near future though. Should be interesting to see if they are any better than the usual suspects.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh blimey its only a 15 min job every few rides – take no more time than maybe de-greasing a chainset or re-indexing etc. Blimey peoples time is pretty precious here isn't it 😉

I think that Fox's were out on top until recently however where it seams the others have come up to the mark like Hope brakes really?

juan
    Free Member

Overall I think the rockshox I've owned have been the superior forks in most instances

Well I know you are a ridding god and you can over take any DHERs at fort william with your fully rigid singlespeed, but I have yet to see the RS that came std on the 2008 meta 6 being able to stand more than 4 month of mere mortal use. All the one I have seen have gone for servicing in the first 4 month, as the bushings seems to completely disintegrate themselves when the trail becomes rockier.
    But obviously I am sure you are sooo much of a good riders that IT MUST be down to bad rider riding them (by bad I mean they are only able to beat Karim Amour at an enduro no-one else)…

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I'm not exactly sure what your grasping at there, but I'd maybe give sarcasm a miss until you getter a batter grasp of the lingo.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Why don't I like Fox forks?’ is closed to new replies.