Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Why doesn't Swinley have waymarked trails?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Why doesn't Swinley have waymarked trails?

Can't have everyone going the same way, 20mph head-ons are so much fun!

Seriously though, rode there two/three times a week for three years, then irregularly ever since. Only had one head-on the whole time, no injuries to either party.

crazy-legs

To be honest, there's too many trails and too many ways of linking them to bother waymarking the place.

It took me a good few visits and a couple of Gorrick races before I felt comfortable with finding my way round there but it was worth it.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I want to get the most 'smiles per miles' rather than spending alot of time 'exporing/not finding great stuff'.

🙄

The problem is, that you appear to think that going out and exploring leads to less 'smiles per mile' than having it all laid on a plate like an all you can eat buffet – what you need to learn is that is that its the very process of exploring it for yourself that gives the greatest, deepest longest lasting smiles of all!

In the words of Lao Tzu – Give a man a fish and you feed him for just one day, Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

The OP go lost and had to ask how to get back to the car park. If the OP had used the map (and / or compass) he would have known that heading South with a few corrections would have got them back to the car park.

lol. I'm not a small man or angry. I'm a jolly fat fecker.

But to the above. If he was lost around lower star post how would heading south have helped? It'd have gotten him to the Old Dean but that's not a good place to go.

I think the point is instead of being so critical why not offer some useful advice, such as Crazy-legs above (doing the local Gorrick races is a great way to find the best singletrack)

Swinley is a friendly place. Just ask to tag along with a group.

cinnamon_girl

DT78 – if you want showing around by a slow girl, e-mail in profile. Can show you the best bits and promise not to get you lost. 🙂

I personally love exploring hence my knowledge of other areas. Mind you, I did scare myself silly once. On the North York Moors I got sidetracked by some interesting looking trail. Ended up in a huge working forest and whilst I had a gps (never leave home without one), I could only use fireroads and these were not necessarily marked on the map that I had with me. Lesson learned. 😳

Edit: power lines go from east to west and the transmitter is on the Old Dean, Camberley, side.

TooTall
    Free Member

I think the point is instead of being so critical why not offer some useful advice

In the words of Lao Tzu – Give a man a fish and you feed him for just one day, Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime!

far more poetic than 'teach people to find their way around'.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Lol. I can't compete with ancient philosophy!

I still think a compass and a map will not find you trails in Swinley. And if he can't find his car then a trail of breadcrumbs is probably more use…..

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Why doesn't Swinley have waymarked trails?’ is closed to new replies.