Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Why does the M65 smell of cheese & onion around jnc 7 ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

It’s like driving through Greggs 😀

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Perhaps you dropped something?

shredder
    Free Member

It’s a possibility but even for me it’s far too grand 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What, his guts?

shredder
    Free Member

Would need to be whale sized

brakes
    Free Member

I was changing a tyre in a layby of the A3 last year and it reeked of piss
    that is all

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.hollandspies.co.uk/
    not greggs but my guess based In Accrington ???

anyone remember the biscuit factory near Stockport

shredder
    Free Member

Could well be Junkyard

Gary_C

Hollands is nowhere near the M65.

I reckon the stench comes fron the Whinney Hill landfill site, which is right next to the south side of the M65 between junctions 7 & 8.

shredder
    Free Member

Thats not good will stop thinking of a cheeky pasty now !

Kevevs
    Free Member

mmm… pastie.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you spolied my fun he could have bought a hollands pie based on the smell of land fill

Actually I was guessing it is all a bit too east lancs for me

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Remember the ‘Ride of Smells’ by the River, Kev? From Silvertown over to Greenwich and that? Brewery, sugar refinery, various industrial plants and the chemical works. Nice. 🙂

Gary_C

’tis all a bit too east lancs for me too.

Once past junction 7, you are heading towards dingle land…..

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Speaking of the east lancs, the A580 near the M57 junction smells like orange juice, day and night.

Cougar

I live about two miles from J7. There is an aroma to that junction, not consistently but reasonably often.

It’s certainly not Holland’s Pies, that’s at the other side of town totally. It -could- be Whinney Hill tip, but I don’t think it is – if you drive up towards the tip then the smell dissipates, and the tip itself doesn’t smell particularly strongly most of the time anyway.

The only other thing I can think of round there is that might be a contender is, the canal runs right next to that junction. That can be whiffy occasionally.

There’s not much else nearby that jumps to mind really. There’s a posh hotel round the corner so it could be their kitchens I guess, and there’s a small industrial park across the way so it could be something on there I suppose.

Cougar

Oh, there’s Blythe’s not so far away I suppose, and a big Express Gifts factory / warehouse. I’ve never noticed any smells from either of those though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not the canal I lived on a boat and it never smells tbh and never of cheese and Onion Pies
    not the industrial estate I work there occasionally and nothing there that I have noticed
    I noticed you said some hotel rather than risk spelling it a wise move

Cougar

Heh (-:

I can spell Dunkenhalgh, but it’s not actually called that any more is it, someone bought it?

Cougar

The Dunk

The canal does smell in places – I rode down there last week and it was mostly fine but a couple of points were absolutely rotten.

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh yes I forgot the people of East lancs use it as floating skip.

Xylene
    Free Member

Why does it smell of poppers when going across the Blaydon bridge near the metro centre in Gateshead/Newcastle?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Why does the M65 smell of cheese & onion around jnc 7 ?’ is closed to new replies.