Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Why does no one have DT Swiss forks?
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

ive had them….they are nice but… not worth what they cost at all, are fugly as hell and i just couldnt get my head around sending anything to pace for a service…

Waderider
    Free Member

You don’t have to send them to Pace for a service. You local shop with a Madison account (so that’s all bike shops!) can return them to Madison for a service for you.

Having typed that I’m a happy Pace customer – for both their old forks and their servicing.

Houns

Yep no problem at all with Pace servicing here

juan
    Free Member

I think it’s because they actually don’t really give a damn about british market. Most of my friend who want a light working bike have DT forks. And I will probably go this route in a short time. Right now in my LBS I could buy a brand new 150 mm 15mm axle magnesium DT fork for 480€ (basic version no launch control). Or I could buy a 620 € one with plenty of useless fancy feature or even a 1200€ Fox float. Seeing as they are about the same in term of performances, have a better finish, why should I buy a fox.
    On the top of that you may want to add a couple of things. On the other side of the channel, we are not blessed with the presence of mojo. Fox importer for France is just incompetent (this is as far as politeness allow me to go). Dt on the other hand ableit being a 25 minute SRX ride from home are very good, very knowledgeable and very friendly. Plus the Rep is very nice, not like the homophobic rep from fox france.
    So I think it’s a unique UK situation where for example Fox have a massive support and an even better service from the importer. Whereas it is completely different in continental europe.

richwales

Exm 150 here – great forks. Has anyone got a link to somewhere I can buy the “pin-spanner” I think it’s callled in the service video?

o96192083
    Free Member

had a man buy a bike at work, brought back the forks 2 weeks later. 2 months later, DT Swiss returned the forks ‘fixed’. 2 weeks later, man is back, forks are broken. We replaced with Kashimas instead due to all the trouble.

Avoid….! They make decent enough wheels but dont go near the forks

Houns

Bugger, better sell mine quick sharpish 🙄

tony24
    Free Member

Had my exm 130 for just over a year nothing gone wrong with them had there first service and they still work 🙂 was serviced by pace too.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My pal’s got some 150’s on his 305, plush as fu*k they are. He had some oil leakage probs but Pace sorted it (albeit with some ‘oohing & aahing’) they feel a lot nicer than the (Kashima) Floats on my 5.

billyboy
    Free Member

Don’t know about DT but the two Pace RC41 XCAM forks I own are a pleasure to ride

I have EXC 150’s which I bought on sale from the US. I bought them for the weight, reliability (200 hour service interval) and the carbon finish. Given how they perform I really have no idea why Fox are so popular; and there certainly was a period when a lot of Fox forks seemed to be going wrong; but could do no wrong in reviews, in the same way that a non-Fox fork would have been slammed. Fickle bunch us mtb’ers I guess. I’ll probably get another set when funds allow.

ComradeD
    Free Member

On my second pair of Dt Swiss forks now and absolute love them. Started off with XMC 130’s that i got second half off my bro and there still buttery smooth as when they were first bought 4 years ago. I’ve bought EXM 150’s for my new build because of how good the 130’s were. There proper fit and forget forks.

I don’t understand some of the comments on here. People going on about price when new Fox forks are way more expensive compared to DT swiss and don’t need servicing every 15hrs compared to 200hrs service intervals for the DT swiss.

strike
    Free Member

You can’t make a comparison between the dampers used by Pace and now used by DT! DT now run 2 types of damper > the single/twin shot style dampers, which were designed purely by DT and launched in 2010, and the LC2 (Launch Control 2) damper, which was based on the the old Pace damper BUT improved and reliability increased, also launched in 2010.

Forget comparisons between Pace and DT forks!

chestrockwell

So it seems that one of the main reason that people don’t buy DT forks in the UK is the lack of effort DT go to to promote them here and the thought that they’re too costly.

Would more people use them if DT had a big promotional push and offered some discounts to retailers or would they stick to RS/Fox?

Must admit I probably wouldn’t have looked at them if I hadn’t liked my Pace so much.

PJM1974
    Free Member

For my part I simply cannot get over the massive price hike between the 2006 Pace RC41 (£539) and the DT Swiss assembled version (circa £800).

That’s my main reason for buying Rockshox and not DT.

molgrips
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with Pace design or engineering. In fact, lots right with it. Quality control is where they let themselves down. So different company, different QC = win.

They reason I don’t have them is that they were £750 when I was looking, no specials around.

chestrockwell

Got my 2011 XMM 140 Twin Shots for £449 from a bike shop in Sheffield. Think they might have some left but couldn’t say for sure.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Why does no one have DT Swiss forks?’ is closed to new replies.