Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • why does my new pinnacle arkose have no hole in the fork crown?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

I thought I’d seen a thread in here about the pinnacle arkose now having a hole in the fork crown to allow fitting of mudguards? (But that some didn’t).

So how come the arkose 4 I picked up yesterday doesn’t have one? I thought the issue had been resolved and I forgot to check whilst at the shop?

Andy

It has (well my 2015 SS does) a threaded hole in the underside of the crown, needs a slightly different attachment method. i.e. A hole drilled through the guard or the normal L shaped bracket bent flat (which is what I think I will do as a hole might weaken the guard)

jameso

There was one batch of 2014 bikes that were delivered without them. The 2015 fork has an M5 under the crown rather than a brake-hole style mount.

a hole might weaken the guard

My SKSs are mounted with the L bracket removed and a hole drilled front and rear on another bike, has done a lot of miles w/o any issues. It’s a fairly common way to mount them. Just don’t drill too fast as it heats the plastic up and deforms it. Next time I’ll try using a blade to wear a hole rather than drilling it.

Andy

Ah thanks James. btw the Singlespeed I bought is superb – must do a write up and give you some feedback on a couple of things.

jameso

Sure, thanks Andy. MIP or via here, no probs.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ah that’s cool, I didn’t think to look underneath!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘why does my new pinnacle arkose have no hole in the fork crown?’ is closed to new replies.