Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Why does my embrocation kick in *after* exercise?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Put some (soigneur) on tonight, felt cold and tingly but no real warming effect. Exercised (on the turbo in the garage) and didn’t feel anything but once I stopped legs heated up and now they’re thermonuclear after a shower! I bought it to get a warm glow at the start so it would hoodwink my brain into exercising in the cold and for cx races 🙁

ART

… I so read that thread title wrong … 😮

kcr
    Free Member

Embrocation is old school cycling myth. All it does is draw blood to the surface of your legs, so it doesn’t help to warm up your core muscles at all.
    Better to do a proper warm up, starting with longs on if you are too cold

fontmoss
    Free Member

I know it doesn’t, I don’t expect it to – I’m after something to con my brain to get me started and out the door

swampi
    Free Member

this is a good write up on how the stuff works linky,if your not finding the soigneur hot enough try the crank stick from planet x thats lethal

fontmoss
    Free Member

Interesting read cheers

kcr
    Free Member

That “review” is basically confirming in a very long winded way what I said above; embrocation doesn’t do anything useful! Style over substance, but that’s no surprise when you look at who is manufacturing it.
    You used to be overwhelmed with the smell of embrocation at a road race 25 years ago. Not now, because most people realise it is nonsense.

oldgit
    Free Member

It needs to go on well before the main exercise. 40 minutes to an hour. Though I don’t know of anyone using it for indoor training.

I use a bog standard type for cross. I like the way it makes my legs ‘feel’ warm on the coldest wettest days. It also seems to hide minor muscle pain or stiffness. It only tends to burn when you become inactive?

For summer races I use a milky type. It still seems to be widely used here.

fontmoss
    Free Member

No One has disputed what you’ve said only ignored it

nikxl
    Free Member

Embrocation on the turbo, Pmsl is it April 1st already.

Only thing it’s good for is a nice smell and making your legs look tanned.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Great Input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Why does my embrocation kick in *after* exercise?’ is closed to new replies.