Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Why does my dog roll in fox diddly-doo?
  • Stedlocks
    Free Member

Well, why does he?
    Apart from the fact he’s a dirty boy, he can’t bloody resist it!

It doesn’t help that he’s a little white bugger…..straight into the shower with him, then blow dry..

I don’t ever feel the need to rub my hair in a different scent…….oh, hang on……

thegreatape
    Free Member

He thinks it is going to help him catch a fox by disguising his dogness. Mine do it. Apparently, rubbing tomato ketchup on them then washing it off is a good way of getting rid of it. I’ve not tried this, but I think it’s something to do with the vinegar?

surfer
    Free Member

My Cocker does it, PITA as he stinks and we have to go for a full clean routine which is time consuming.
    Mrs Surfer swears by the Tomato Ketchup thing. I take him for “proper” walks/runs so I get to delegate the clean up 🙂

edit: if mine caught a Fox he would be generating his own s***! he is a coward of the highest order 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

If you already own a dog and didn’t know the answer, you’d better check what else you don’t know.

rewski
    Free Member

mine used to eat it, vile creature.

tonyg2003

Top perfume for dogs! As people have said its to disguise their scent.

Cougar

rubbing tomato ketchup

Are you confusing dogs with hot dogs?

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Ours does that and eats it (not sure which variety means food or perfume though). I think the dog rolls and says ‘I smell bloody brilliant’. Then they get washed and think ‘ugh, I smell terrible!’.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I thought rolling in fox happiness was part of the STW Premier initiation! at least that’s what i was told 😳

skids
    Free Member

it’s so sticky

thegreatape
    Free Member

You might be right cougar. We had hot dogs for tea (I say hot dogs, proper sausages in crusty rolls, with sauce) so I might be dreaming about that still.

anagallis_arvensis

rubbing tomato ketchup
    Are you confusing dogs with hot dogs?

It works. Although you have to leavevit a min or two and then wash it off. Mrs Anagallis didnt realise this when I told her. Came home to find the dog out in the back garden looking very matted and sticky. Mrs had gone yovwork and left her for 2 hours before i got home!!

tang
    Free Member

We used to rub in brown sauce then wash! Amazingly it works.

Drac

Nothing to do with disguising they just love foul smells, horse shit, cow shit, rotten fish or rotten meat in general.

Cougar

Only on STW could we have a debate on whether red or brown sauce goes with fox-shit covered dogs. I love you guys.

kimbers

He thinks he’s still a wolf, they do it before they hunt, we only domesticated then 20,000 years ago

fettlin

Our whippet does the same with dead mice/vermin in the undergrowth (and fox business).

It’s what they do, like a pack hunter innit.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

I just think he’s a dirty boy……

Oh, and morecashthandash, thanks for your informative comment….you clearly know everything about everything.
    Well done.
    Have a jam sandwich.

And I’ll be going for red sauce…..none of that Northern monkey juice round here!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Confuse your dog by rubbing yourself in its own shit, whilst screaming like a fox.

mattbee

Mine loves rolling in dead fish/cuttlefish/crabs on the foreshore. You’ll see him stop on a bank of seaweed then launch his shoulder to the ground with gay abandon.
    Smell is something else and especially the cuttlefish are so oily it’s really hard to get out of his fur.
    Not sure how he intends to catch the fish once he’s disguised his smell although stealing live crabs from kids buckets bad devouring them is another party trick.

Kahurangi

whilst screaming like a fox.

what does the fox say?

martinhutch

Only on STW could we have a debate on whether red or brown sauce goes with fox-shit covered dogs. I love you guys.

<niche> Henderson’s relish FTW </niche>

Sandwich

whilst screaming like a fox.

Megan or Emilia?

leegee

An idiot Doberman I used to have would eat fox crap.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Why does my dog roll in fox diddly-doo?’ is closed to new replies.