Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • why does my computer go all stuttery when streaming via 4od?
  • alpin
    Free Member

ok, technically i shouldn’t be watching 4od as i’m in germany, but thanks to unlocator.com (and 50€/year) i can get access to UK online stuff.

want to watch Fargo this evening, so i’m asking this now.

on bbc iplayer things are fine and the picture might stutter once and then only within the first minute of a programme.

when watching something on 4od the stream constantly gets interrupted. every five minutes or so the spinning worm/ring thing appears and it usually takes 30 seconds until the video starts playing again.

what can i do to improve the situation? have tried looking for a lower bandwidth button, but there doesn’t appear to be one on the 4od player.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

4OD and ITV Player both buffer more often than my patience will allow and I’m in the UK on 30meg broadband. Films through iTunes and BBC iPlayer work perfectly. I’ve always assumed that the 4OD/ITV Player were just a bit crap.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In order to avoid this I usually download the program first then watch it later (assume you can do this with 4od)

Strong VPN is cheaper btw

molgrips
    Free Member

It could be the server or network you’re watching through – unlocator.

Or the fact you’re watching overseas. The more places your data has to go through the higher likelihood there is of being slowed down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘why does my computer go all stuttery when streaming via 4od?’ is closed to new replies.