Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Why does my beer go flat, whilst everyone else's keeps its head
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Drinking various beers with seven others last night, what is wrong with my saliva/mouth that makes my beer go flat, whilst everyone else’s keeps it’s head. Am I some kind of freak?

stuey
    Free Member

Too much moustache wax?

ton

you need to sup it faster……… 😀

boxelder

Are you a glugger – let the beer pour into your gob, or do you sip/suck/draw it through the froth?
    Halytosis?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Because you’re not ‘a Man my son!’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They’re drinking theirs while you’re spitting in yours, perhaps?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

All of the above,+1

Northwind

TuckerUK – Member

Because you’re not ‘a Man my son!’

2 minutes too slow 🙁

TuckerUK
    Free Member

😆

paulosoxo
    Free Member

2 minutes too slow

If only?

Stoner
    Free Member

lipsalve?

singletrackmind

You need to stop putting on your wifes lipstick before going to the pub.

snipswhispers
    Free Member

the greasier your chops, the quicker your beer loses its head…apparently!

Mantastic
    Free Member

Number of reasons why this happens:

1 the glass is dirty or still has some residue (dry or wet) from the glass washer
    2 you are nibbling on peanuts etc whereas your friends are not
    3 you have eaten something very acidic recently
    4 you drink far to slow
    5 you are wearing aftershave or something similar around your mouth

Hope that helps

eruptron
    Free Member

6. You are a big girl 😀

CaptJon
    Free Member

paulosoxo – Member
    Drinking various beers with seven others last night, what is wrong with my saliva/mouth that makes my beer go flat, whilst everyone else’s keeps it’s head. Am I some kind of freak?

if there ‘others’ are rock stars, it will be because they are paying for it and get special stuff. Split?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m not actually at split this year, I was over in the lakes walking with friends from work. The futureheads are on in Twenty minutes, so I doubt I’ll make it round to see them either. Which is a shame.

In going for the acid mouth theory as its everytime I have a beer. Last night I had no aftershave on, had eaten nothing and its highly unlikely that on every occasion, that I got a different type of glass from everyone else.

Giz a kiss.

glenh
    Free Member

Proper beer should not be fizzy anyway.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We were all drinking the same beer. Cumberland and Wainwrights, in various different pubs.

CaptJon
    Free Member

paulosoxo – Member
    I’m not actually at split this year, I was over in the lakes walking with friends from work. The futureheads are on in Twenty minutes, so I doubt I’ll make it round to see them either. Which is a shame.

One of our graduates is helping organise it his year. Line up looks good, well, the ones i’ve heard of look good.

singletrackmind

your mates all got glasses with laser etched bases which give the CO2 something to form a bubble on .
    you didnt.

the end

NZCol

Thing is the head is formed from the beers carbonation so big head ooooerrr will make your beer taste flat. Best way to pour a beer, and this changes a beers character, is pour it without the sparkler from a hand pump. Keeps the carbonation in the beer and not as a nice to look at head. Try the same beer with and without the sparkler on the pour, will change the flavor a lot. Col, I drink and brew a lot of beer !

RustySpanner

The barstaff hate you & are weeing in your beer.

Taff
    Free Member

They were on their third while you were still on your first? You were actually drink a G&T?!

McHamish
    Free Member

Did you eat crisps?

When I worked as a barman you always gave a fresh glass to someone eating crisps as the beer would go flat if you reuse there glass.

bwaarp
    Free Member

You had an old glass, it’s that simples…..because there’s some thingymajig at the bottom of the glass that stops them from going flat….they eventually wear out.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

your mates all got glasses with laser etched bases which give the CO2 something to form a bubble on .
    you didnt.

the end

We all had several different beers, in different glasses, in different pubs.

The barstaff hate you & are weeing in your beer.

Possibly

They were on their third while you were still on your first? You were actually drink a G&T?!

I started with a G&T, they didn’t. That may be the answer.

Did you eat crisps?

No crisps

You had an old glass, it’s that simples…..because there’s some thingymajig at the bottom of the glass that stops them from going flat….they eventually wear out.

I had loads of different glasses, as did my pals. This has happened to me for years.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Why does my beer go flat, whilst everyone else's keeps its head’ is closed to new replies.