• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by loum.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Why does my beard now grow faster than my hair?
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Is it coz i does ss???

discuss 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Shaving stimulates growth. Since I stopped shaving bi-daily, it now takes two weeks to grow what used to take 5 days. My father in law reported the same.

allthegear
    Free Member

No – that’s a bit of a myth I’m afraid. Shaving makes no difference to hair growth speed.

There may be other factors that came into play for you there, molgrips…

Rachel

druidh
    Free Member

My beard definitely grows faster now. I used to get away with a whole week but now I really need to do it every 3 days.

chewkw
    Free Member

A sign of slowly going bald I am afraid.

Muke
    Free Member

Gravity 😀

ciderinsport
    Free Member

A sign of slowly going bald I am afraid.

No problem there! Happy for the last bit to drop!

Muke – Member
    Gravity

Well, this is a funny one! my hairdresser offered to shave my back this week…… 🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

My pubes grow faster than my beard and hair combined….

glupton1976
    Free Member

I could give you a potential reason, but i’d get banned for posting mucky stuff.

beefheart
    Free Member

I’ve never shaved my pubes, but I shaved my head and my face at the same time- and now my beard is longer than my hair.

Explain that, smart arse!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Why has hair get bored of growing on my head, taking preference in my ears and eye brows?

rainbow
    Free Member

@ciderinsport, I wouldnt know as I am lost like you but wouldnt ask this silly question though, lol

Bregante

Explain that, smart arse!

You shave your arse?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Beats plaiting it….

ciderinsport
    Free Member

rainbow – Member

@ciderinsport
    , I wouldnt know as I am lost like you but wouldnt ask this silly question though, lol

Cheers Rainbow!

However, at this stage of a Sunday, I feel it is a question for the STW massive 😉

ps. I am not unhappy with hair ‘restructuring’ 😆

binners

I’m afraid that you’ve reached that unfortunate tipping point. If you now leave all your hair to its own devices, in less than 6 weeks you’ll be looking like Michael Eavis. Sad but true.

cheez0
    Free Member

hey rachel, you seem highly informed on beards, does yours grow quicker than your hair?

or are you giving us the default stw defence?

alpin
    Free Member

molgrips –
    MemberShaving stimulates growth. Since I stopped shaving bi-daily,

you shave twice a day?

alpin
    Free Member

My beard definitely grows faster now. I used to get away with a whole week but now I really need to do it every 3 days.

technically no more than stubble, then?

Cougar

Shaving stimulates growth

Yeah, urban myth. It feels ‘thicker’ cos the ends are squared off rather than naturally tapered.

globalti
    Free Member

Shaving does not stimulate growth. This myth is caused by the fact that old hairs wear out and get thin and break off whereas freshly-cut hairs grow from the follicle thick and undamaged.

Edit, oops, just what he wrote, above!

molgrips
    Free Member

What other factors Rachel?

Also, it is not simply a question of hairs getting thin at the end. I cut my hair at grade 1 which is 3mm, and I do my beard at 0.5mm. My hair takes about 8 weeks before it needs a cut and I cut maybe 10mm off it. My beard takes about 2 weeks to generate about 4-5mm of growth.

And that’s after it slowed down loads. It’s obviously quite different hair in everyone’s beard, mine is the usual wiry stuff but my head hair is amazingly fine. So why would you expect it to behave the same way? It’s also a different colour even.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

why do pubes and armpit hair stop growing at a certain length?

allthegear
    Free Member

molgrips – testosterone makes some difference – more makes a stronger beard and weaker head hair. Hence the hair-loss treatment Propecia has finasteride in it, which reduces testosterone…

and no, cheez0, I don’t have a beard. I do know a little about the endocrine system, though…

Rachel

molgrips
    Free Member

Pubes and armpit hair are obviously tapered towards the end so as above it is this wear that keeps them shorter.

crikey
    Free Member

Bit of a poor effort today molgrips, are you bored?

loum
    Free Member

Op, have you got your head on upside down?
    I’ve had a similar problem with cider.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Why does my beard now grow faster than my hair?’ is closed to new replies.