Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Why does having 2 world champions not make 'the news'?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

But if two cyclists don’t use a cycle path and ride on the road instead their failure to pay road tax is almost certainly national news. That’s why they jumped the red lights so they could see themselves on the telly.

Perhaps they should put a set of traffic lights part way down DH tracks and have them set on red. They’d all make the news then 😆

aracer
    Free Member

We have 2 new world champions? Well that’s news to me, and I do care more than even some people on this site.

Oh, but look: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/29103697

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thread over then?

At least it saved me watching it 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A chav sport?
    You what?

That’s because it is seen as a working mans sport like motocross etc.

It’s also not done or followed by Londoners, mostly the Welsh and Northerners. Another reason not to mention it.

oldgit
    Free Member

British Cycling all over it.

catschroedinger
    Free Member

Here you go

Man with face like slapped arse wins pushbike race by pedalling bike down a hill

Man with no chain nearly wins pushbike race by not pedalling bike downhill

That is the news

jambalaya
    Free Member

BBC News last night had coverage Tour of Britain stage 1 and Froome in the Veuluta. So we could try and argue that double WC is more news worthy but the average sports fan never mind the average BBC news viewer probably hasn’t even heard of MTB DH racing.

JCL
    Free Member

THE HEADLINES.

Three young British girls ride down the hill faster than others.

Easily the two fastest men crash and are beaten by ragged riding baboon-arse-face.

Little Aussie kid looked the most controlled and gave another lesson to the former second coming.

Unaturally large American kid nearly wins without pedalling proving how much better bike suspension works without chains and how much faster you can ride tech when you’re not fatigued/in oxygen debt.

scuttler

Five Live mentioned it this morning at the end of the sports roundup @ 730. No names but just the fact the GB riders won mens and womens titles.

edhornby

Unaturally large American kid nearly wins without pedalling proving how much better bike suspension works without chains and how much faster you can ride tech when you’re not fatigued/in oxygen debt.

I rib some of my mates who ride big suspension bikes about ‘grownup balance bikes’ 🙂 but unless the UCI have a rule that prohibits chainless bikes, maybe full suss with no drivetrain and foot pushing for the really technical stuff is the answer…. hmm..

wrecker
    Free Member

TBH, as a regular cyclist, I don’t really GAS either. It’s as far removed from my interests as tiddlywinks.

Initially, I thought this a bit unfair.
    Then I realised that I could not give a solitary toss about the result of the body shaving, drug fuelled tarmac races. So fair do’s really.

Easily the two fastest men crash and are beaten by ragged riding baboon-arse-face.

Josh didn’t crash out too hard did he and that’s harsh on Bronsan.

cookeaa

Well there you go OP, the Beeb have (within 24 hours of the event) made about as much fuss over British successes in DH as they’re likely to this year…
    Next whinge?

martinhutch

Isn’t the five second mention during the ‘niche sports we are good at’ round-up on SPOTY enough for you guys?

Speeder

Well Gee got on Simon Mayo on Radio 2 tonight so someone at the Beeb is paying attention.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Why does having 2 world champions not make 'the news'?’ is closed to new replies.