Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Why does CRC show out of stock items in search results?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

This drives me around the bloody bend when companies do this. Not sure what their motivation for doing it is.

Karl33to
    Free Member

… so that you can get to the ‘notify me when stock becomes available’ feature.

kelvin

motivation: to keep their (out of stock) prices in google results, driving traffic to them rather than to competitors who happen to have stock

takisawa2

Have given up on CRC mostly these days.
    Trawling through pages of out of stock items is a pain.
    Sooner risk paying a bit more & shop somewhere that has stock.

flanagaj
    Free Member

The out of stock item was an ex display set of bars, so they are never going to get new stock of that item again.

I used to use them all of the time, but I too am losing faith in them. They always used to get items delivered to me next day for free, and then I noticed their delivery times started increasing

dirtydog
    Free Member

This drives me around the bloody bend when companies do this

Tip:From the left hand menu select “show in stock items only”

getonyourbike
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member I used to use them all of the time, but I too am losing faith in them. They always used to get items delivered to me next day for free, and then I noticed their delivery times started increasing

That hasn’t changed. Just go for free delivery. It’s always been delivered via Royal Mail 24h for me. Can’t complain at all. Their returns/warranty service is the best I’ve ever experienced as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mind. Blown.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s for the sake of Google Shopping and the like, far be it for me to suggest they massively discount goods that people can’t buy, or indeed offer one obscure size at a much lower price than the ones that people will actually buy on purpose – but if they do it by accident it does often make them seem the cheapest on Google Shopping.

scotroutes

Correct

piemonster

CRC would probably still have my custom if it was set as default not show out of stock items.

Moving the mouse to the left hand side of the screen, scrolling, and then ffs clicking. It’s too much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Why does CRC show out of stock items in search results?’ is closed to new replies.