Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Why does bottled lager taste better than canned?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Good to know you drink your wife-beater “with class”.

So can/bottle choice is nothing to do with class IYO? I’m curious.

richmtb

It really makes no difference assuming you actually pour it into a glass and don’t drink the beer from the container you bought it in.

Nico
    Free Member

When you pour beer out of a can it passes over a sharp edge which causes bubbles to form and the beer to lose it’s fizz.

Either way it’s obviously a cue for extensive research. Probably need some controls too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It really makes no difference assuming you actually pour it into a glass

Assuming the same beer went into both.

johndoh
    Free Member

I always shotgun my Stella so only cans will do. And it has the added benefit of being consumed before I have an opportunity to taste it.

sbob
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

I always shotgun my Stella so only cans will do.

You could always strawpedo as a last resort. 🙂

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Temperature has a lot to do with flavour – especially pilsner type beers which need to be drunk at a cool temperature to stop them tasting like piss…

My theory is that if you pour a canned Stella into a chilled glass it tastes more or less the same as straight from a chilled bottle. If sipped/quaffed straight from the can, you taste the metal – and possibly rats piss where they have crawled allover the cans in the warehouse 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

Oh they were both Stella….maybe it tastes less bad in bottles. Sorry

I think this is the answer.

I drink out of the bottle and pour the can into a glass.

So when I drink out of the bottle I can’t really “taste” it, it’s just cold, wet, fizzy and gives me a buzz after a few.

When I drink it out of a glass, then it shows it’s true taste, which is a bit shit.

jimjam
    Free Member

BigEaredBiker

If sipped/quaffed straight from the can, you taste the metal – and possibly rats piss where they have crawled allover the cans in the warehouse

How would you differentiate between the Stella and the rat piss though?

Mister-P
    Free Member

There’s some proper beer snobs in here. Nothing beats that warm can of Stella for breakfast on the second day at a music festival.

maxlite
    Free Member

+!

You should never drink any beer from a bottle/can though,
    1) it’s too fizzy
    2) you miss out on the aroma which impacts your perception of taste, which is why most people will tell you beer tastes nicer from a keg, it’s the same beer as the can/bottle but it’s in a glass. Cask is a different matter, but that’s not lager.

johndoh
    Free Member

Nothing beats that warm can of Stella for breakfast on the second day at a music festival.

Just the thought of that makes me feel a little sick. You need to drink the first three quickly so you stop caring about it being warm.

samunkim
    Free Member

Glass bottles may also stop you growing tits

These Popular Plastic Bottles May Be Messing With Your Hormones

graemecsl
    Free Member

As an aside and the only way to drink lager is from a glass whatever the original container was, the best Lager in the world currently is brewed here in the UK, by a local company called Chapeldown and is named Curious Brew.
    It also doesn’t quite taste the same from a bottle as it does from a keg although pouring into a glass is acceptable, drinking from a bottle or a can cuts the nose out of the taste process which is detrimental.

It is known that canned lager doesn’t taste as well as bottled, but once poured it would take a professional taster to tell the difference almost certainly you couldn’t reliably every time.

Anyway,do yourselves a favour and try that Curious Brew, it quite literally is the champagne of lagers, being brewed with the champagne leftovers from their wine business and genuinely is the finest Lager I’ve sampled and I’ve tasted many from all over the world including pretty much every brauhaus in Munich.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Iv’e had a couple of cases of that from Majestic, fine stuff & I give it as gifts to non wine drinkers & they always compliment it, but it’s not Leffe or Duval though 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why does bottled lager taste better than canned?’ is closed to new replies.