• This topic has 27 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Why do we need laws and rules? Sunday night alcohol fueled STW pub debate!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Further to a post I made in another thread… do we really need rules and regulations to function as a society? Do laws & regulations only exist to exercise control and further the state/government/authority? Couldn't we all be trusted and relied upon to 'do the right thing' just because it's the right thing to do? Is there such a thing as a community conscience and sense of right & wrong? Why do we need to codify it and enforce it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ban him! BAN HIM!

stumpyjon

Yes

Talkemada
    Free Member

mogrim

Couldn't we all be trusted and relied upon to 'do the right thing' just because it's the right thing to do?

Sadly, no. Which is why we need laws.

speaker2animals

You don't live under bridges and scare billy goats by any chance, do you?

metalheart
    Free Member

Bleedin hippy… 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your mum.

psychle
    Free Member

You don't live under bridges and scare billy goats by any chance, do you?

nope… just looking for interesting discussion. Personally, I hate rules & regs, think they're bloody annoying. As an example, I love travelling in SE Asia & India and one of the main reasons is the fact that you are personally responsible for just about all your actions and decisions, and the consequences of them. There's a distinct lack of bullsh1t stopping you from doing pretty much whatever you want, which I love 🙂

ton

where's ernie and darcy?????

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ton – Member
    where's ernie and darcy?????

In a three way, baby-oil smothered, airtight gangbang round at TJ's place.

ton

😆 😆

psychle
    Free Member

Those coppers are hot…

ton

flash, still pi55ing myself………fantastic reply.. 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Lord of the Flies?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

speaker2animals

In the interest of conversation then and not being facetious or wanting to argue. Why don't you move to one of those countries then? Visiting places is all very well, living there can be a totally different thing and maybe a prolonged stay would better illustrate the real advantages/disadvantages of no/minimal rules? Don't those countries also have significant serious following of whichever religion, which impose a different (but similar) set of rules and regulations? Arranged marriages in India for example? And I am not saying they are right or wrong, or that "we" are. But surely you are free to join one of these communities if you are really convinced that that is what you want.

psychle
    Free Member

meh… I give up… tries to spark an interesting drunken discussion to enliven an otherwise dull Sunday evening and all folk can do is mock 🙄

Bah… I'm off to run a red light inebriated without a helmet or light on my fixie with no brakes… and I'll be wearing black skinny jeans and a leather jacket! Screw your rules I say!

EDIT – sorry, missed your post 1961Bikie… I'd be tempted to move to SE Asia in fact, but would want a decent amount of cash behind me before doing so, 'tis difficult to earn a wage (legally) in a foreign country, or so I'm told.

ton

personally, i dont want to go to any country where people eat dogs/cats/locusts/worms/maggotts and all other funny food.

psychle
    Free Member

dogs are quite tasty actually… as are guinea pigs 😆 locusts are just crunchy, not much flavour (unless you fry them with soy or sweet chilli etc) but I hate it when you get a leg stuck in your teeth!

ton

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to move to SE Asia in fact, but 'tis difficult to earn a wage

Can you do anything interesting with a ping pong ball?

speaker2animals

Ah you have in a way got to the point I was hoping. So you wouldn't want to live in one of these countries in the same conditions as the majority of it's citizenry. But you'd be happy if you could live along with the big earners, who probably can earn a lot because there is very little regulation on their businesses thus allowing maximum return for minimum outlay.

And why worry about earning big money legally? Thought you didn't like rules and regulations? (Yes I know your point was that people should be able to self regulate without imposed laws).

Talkemada
    Free Member

Can you do anything interesting with a ping pong ball?

Excellent. Negative cultural stereotyping and misogyny all in one go! 😀

personally, i dont want to go to any country where people eat dogs/cats/locusts/worms/maggotts and all other funny food.

Do you take a suitcase full of tins of baked beans when you go abroad, Ton?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I aaaaaam an anarchist

But I'm most certainly not the anti-Christ

Talkemada
    Free Member

Auntie Climax?

psychle
    Free Member

well… I tried Talkemeda, I tried 🙁

BTW, happy to report that I survived my aforementioned drunken rule breaking escapade, thus proving that all rules are in fact stoopid… or something 😆 😉

aP
    Free Member

You can do no laws and rules, but you'll need to buy a lot of weapons and start a watch system…… Oh, hang on that's s rule.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Why do we need laws and rules? Sunday night alcohol fueled STW pub debate!’ is closed to new replies.