Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Why do UKIP get so much media coverage?
  • mt
    Free Member

The BBC has been toothless since the Hutton report because it was lead by idiots who would not stand up for themselves. It’s now just a none entity like the Guardians.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Guardians? I though they were great.

Especially the angry hamster.

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Debate me! Debate me! One to one! Hell Yes! has the highest media exposure by comparison to others in all news coverage.

retro83
    Free Member

On a related but possibly more important subject, why do newspapers call them ‘Ukip’ rather than ‘UKIP’?

chewkw
    Free Member

retro83 – Member

On a related but possibly more important subject, why do newspapers call them ‘Ukip’ rather than ‘UKIP’?

No idea. They like smoked kipper perhaps?

mt
    Free Member

I love Kipper but real favorite are Arbroath Smokies. I’d vote for them.

chewkw
    Free Member

mt – Member

I love Kipper but real favorite are Arbroath Smokies. I’d vote for them.

If you like Kipper then you should try smoked Szprot as I cannot get enough of them. I am waiting for my local Polish shop to stock them again in two weeks time.

nemesis
    Free Member

Why are ITV writing UKIP as Ukip. Has UKIP become a word now that Ukippers are a thing.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-29/ukip-asks-police-to-investigate-the-bbc-over-have-i-got-news-for-you/

MSP

The BBC has been toothless since the Hutton report because it was lead by idiots who would not stand up for themselves. It’s now just a none entity like the Guardians.

Agreed to a large extent, Dyke caved in far too easily, by resigning I think that he thought he would garner larger press support, when in reality he totally misread the situation and standing his ground would have forced wider support. Most of the media were happy to see the BBC censored as it suited their business model, but if he had stood his ground they would/should have had supported him on journalistic grounds.

As for the guardian it does feel that they are now trying to fill the rather empty space as a left leaning newspaper, but they state their beliefs clearly and allow dissent from the editorial stance, I can’t think of any other paper that does that so honestly.

footflaps

UKIP are the comedians.

I get the impression their leader is but the vast majority of other candidates are just ex-BNP members jumping on the latest xenophobic / racist bandwagon.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So with less than a week to go to the General Election UKIP is still having to sack (or “suspend”) candidates who refuse to keep their racism in the closet :

Ukip suspends candidate over ‘anti-Semitic’ comments

To be fair Jack Sen looks suspiciously un-Anglo-Saxon, certainly no more Anglo-Saxon than Luciana Berger.

I suspect that like Farage Jack Sen might be descended from immigrants.

I wonder if he will be the last UKIP candidate to be “suspended” or whether there’s still time for one or two more.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Given that they are such a small party with next to nobody in an position of power why do they get so much media attention?

Er, have you all forgotten that they WON the European elections? Maybe that’s why???

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe that’s why???

Nah, I reckon it’s the entertainment value. Any party of fruitcakes loonies and closet racists is always going to provide plenty of that.

mt
    Free Member

Just to be clear, it’s true I did mention that I liked (a lot) Arbroath Smokies. As a Yorkshire person I must make it clear that Whitby Kippers are best.

Szprot may be nice but at any (U)Kipper lover knows, it’s British Smoked fish for British people. Apologies to Gordon Brown there.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Nah, I reckon it’s the entertainment value

Yes insincere blandness isn’t something ukip really do is it.

chewkw
    Free Member

mt – Member

Just to be clear, it’s true I did mention that I liked (a lot) Arbroath Smokies. As a Yorkshire person I must make it clear that Whitby Kippers are best.

Arbroath Smokies are good but not brilliant when you look at the price. Very expensive and recently I bought some smokies that come from Scotland at discounted price (£2 for one smoky because of sale by date) otherwise I wouldn’t buy it. Retail at £5.99 for one. Taste wise good but not exactly over the moon at that price.

Szprot may be nice but at any (U)Kipper lover knows, it’s British Smoked fish for British people. Apologies to Gordon Brown there.

I like Szprot because they are affordable yet taste good. For me it is better because I can simply eat the whole fish from head to tail in one go. Smokies is a waste because you cannot eat the head.

Question is why are price so expensive in UK? Yes, Szprot is plentiful and does not cost more than £2 for a package. Much cheaper than you sardine weight by weight.

… it’s British Smoked fish for British people …

Ya right at £5.99 a pop you can eat as much as you like but I ain’t paying that price even if it is god’s smokies.

😯

mt
    Free Member

chewkw

you could be buying in the wrong places. Get my fish from market stall and local shop (for local people) and pay nothing like that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well this answers the question which I asked 4 days ago :

“I wonder if he will be the last UKIP candidate to be “suspended” or whether there’s still time for one or two more.”

UKIP suspend election candidate after he threatens to SHOOT Asian Conservative rival

With less than a day to go to the general election that’s impressive.

UKIP must surely be the most dysfunctional large party in British history?

It seems to be on a mission to prove that never was a truer word spoken by a Tory politician than when David Cameron declared that UKIP were a bunch of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists.

I really can’t think how UKIP could have made Cameron’s point more forcible since Cameron first made it 7 years ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Why do UKIP get so much media coverage?’ is closed to new replies.