Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 217 total)
  • Why do so many people in the US believe Hillary is untrustworthy?
  • Daffy

I don’t really understand….yes there’s the e-mails, and her connection to Wall Street, but so what?

DezB
    Free Member

I think they have a far more moral and trustworthy candidate in mind.

footflaps

Same reason 52% of the UK voted for Brexit….

Mass stupidity.

cloudnine
    Free Member

She’s married to bill who once lied about doing his secretary and apparently she doesn’t smile enough..
    There maybe some other reasons I haven’t covered

mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably because she’s very much part of the political establishment, which a lot of people have little faith in.

Have a read of item 3 of this article posted in the Trump thread.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Because telling lies comes from genetics and she had sex regularly with Bill, once upon a time. 😉

epicyclo

There have been quite a few convenient deaths of people involved in scandals that could have otherwise touched the Clintons.

Can’t remember the details now, but it’s probably googleable.

Pigface
    Free Member

Benghazi, where the American ambassador was killed, it is still unclear who knew what he was doing, how he died who killed him and why, FOX News keep hammering the point.

Hillary was Sec of State when that happened, the e.mail thing

She is a woman

Bimbler
    Free Member
    chrismac

She is untrustowrthy, her saving grace is she is less untrustworthy than Trump

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I was in New York in May. The feeling, even among the left leaning, was that she’s not a squeaky clean as they would have everyone believe. A couple of different people mentioned her way of handling Bill’s affair(s) and other antics wasn’t the nicest.

New York is a little bit bias as the home town of Trump. The view from many seemed to be she’s far from perfect but at least she’s not Trump.

jimjam
    Free Member

Why do so many people in the US believe Hillary is untrustworthy?

The Clinton foundation has been heavily funded by the Saudi Royal family. She makes millions a year giving paid speeches for bankers and financial institutions and she lied about the email issue.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkS26PX4rc[/video]

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So the email stuff is not enough?

That’s like saying apart from killing people, why does everyone think *insert murderer here* was so bad?

But the emails, the corporate ties, several situations where she has allegedly mislead investigators, etc etc.

Also, she never picked Elizabeth Warren for VP, went for a guy who could speak Spanish to get the Latino vote.

Everyone is like wooo! we got a woman nominated….so what? Doesn’t matter if they’re not fit for office.

Southpark summed it up best….[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BuPgrBwHU[/video]

Aristotle
    Free Member

I have wondered this myself.

Some people even claiming that she is just like this fella:

and some people like this fella too:

The mind boggles….

“There’s nowt as queer as folk” as my grandma used to say.

US Elections are often between some fairly uninspiring candidates, but what sort of person puts themself up for it?

Barack Obama was unusual in that he appeared to be a high quality candidate for US President. It seems a shame that he was unable to enact more of his ideas. I hope he goes on to future positive influence.

irc

Agreed. Top level govt business carried out via secret private e-mail server. In what way is she not untrustworthy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Because she probably isn’t very trustworthy, and because many of them are a bit nuts.

When was the last time you had real trust in a UK party leader (JC excepted)?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Paddy Ashdown probably.

Junkyard
    Free Member

unless you were his wife

Tarnished by being part of the establishment and her own actions, inactions and cover ups

That said how anyone can think Trump is the saviour to big business cronyism is completely lost on me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bacause of her track record. Let me dig out a video – here you go. There is so much of this stuff. Clinton really is a just say what people want to hear politician. Her use of personal email for secret government business and lying about that is going to come up again and again. She has already been castigated by a Senate Committee and the ex head of the FBI

[video]http://youtu.be/-dY77j6uBHI[/video]

If I where voting in the US it would be Democrat but that would be in spite of Hilary not because of her

Nico
    Free Member

And even he pulled a fast one over that water/wine thing. And crashed all those caravans.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Mainly, having been in the public eye for a long time and through association with Bill she’s had a relentless heap of crap thrown at her by the media for decades. Of course she’s almost certainly done some naughty things too. Few people in that sort of position haven’t.

I see this sort of thing in real life (I’m involved in climate science) with colleagues who are not perfect, but who are nowhere near as bad as they are portrayed by some sections of the media/blogosphere.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Dunno, but from what i’ve seen of her there’s something about her that just seems wrong. Somehow get the feeling it would be like voting for the Devil 👿

Have the feeling we are headed for an extremely screwed up next 5 years with Trump on one side of the atlantic and rise of the far right on the other.

Pigface
    Free Member

castigated by a Senate Committee

Jambafact or more of your blatant rubbish

Jamba here is a straight question, do you support Trump? Yes or no

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clinton really is a just say what people want to hear politician

What politician is not? IMHO Trump is the master there as no one really knows what he stand for except the greater power and wealth of the donald, by any means necessary

I doubt he even knows what he thinks on major issues

That said its pretty hard to like or feel enthused about her in general and she is correctly tarnished for the actions you mention.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What politician is not?

Most are, but then some do have a moral substance behind the pandering. Clinton seems to just assume the job was always going to be hers, and all she has to do is smile at everyone and say yes.

The thing is, as Obama showed, you can be a bushy tailed idealist ready to change the world, but your dreams gonna get crushed by the senate Republicans at every turn. When people are voting bills down just because they are from the other side, the situation is dire.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

She’s a politician, of course she lies.

Interesting article in Newsweek (Voters don’t seem to care whether candidates tell the truth)

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4[/video]

footflaps

If I where voting in the US it would be Democrat

You feeling alright Jamba?

I’d have expected you to be complaining that Trump wasn’t going far enough……

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not surprised Jamba would vote Democrat.

We’re not aligned with the US politically, their centre left party, the Democrats, even Obama, is if anything more right of centre than our centre right Tory party.

The closest they came to a Centre Left President quit and endorsed Clinton a few weeks ago, most US voters thought his talk of state funded healthcare and such was crazy talk.

jimdubleyou

I work for an American bank. I don’t talk to anybody about politics – I’m too afraid to find out somebody I respect professionally actually supports Trump.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clinton seems to just assume the job was always going to be hers, and all she has to do is smile at everyone and say yes

she has definitely not worked hard,served her apprenticeship, gained experience and fought her way to the very top. its just entitlement #everydaysexism

I am not her greatest fan but some of the abuse is OTT

TO be clea i dont think you are a sexist but i think she does get more grief due to her gender

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

TO be clea i dont think you are a sexist…

That’s very gracious of you.

Now put your knickers on, and go and make me a cup of tea.

Bimbler
    Free Member

wtf

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

That moment the drugs kick in….

noltae
    Free Member

Vince Foster ..

Bimbler
    Free Member

Lizard suit malfunction

MrWoppit
    Free Member

She’s a politician?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jambafact or more of your blatant rubbish

Jamba here is a straight question, do you support Trump? Yes or no

Pigface did you watch the coverage of her appearence, I did.

Have you read my various posts on the Trump threads and the one I made here ? If so why post this trolling nonsense ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

An appeal to your own authority sure beats posting up a link to prove your claim

Slow hand clap

Verifiable EVIDENCE please
    I have no idea if true or false so prove it or it another one where you will claim you have answered it again and to “do our own research”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Why do so many people in the US believe Hillary is untrustworthy?’ is closed to new replies.