Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • why do poor people park their cars so badly?
  • mudsux
    Free Member

just a casual observation.
    they seem to favor parking right on corners and/or restricting the road for maximal inconvenience.

binners

Because some people think the whole world revolves around them, so they can park where they damn well like

cupra
    Free Member

Cos they don't have a driveway?

geoffj
    nonk
    Free Member

cos they have to park their own cars. 😀

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Weird, I would have said it was more the people with astons, like one at work, who just have to use 2 spaces.

wwaswas

I employ a poor person to park my car, I have no idea what sort of job they make of it.

Shackleton

Most of the badly parked cars I see around me either on the street or in car parks are Chelsea tractors, BMWs, Audis and Mercs. Not exactly poor peoples cars!

I could comment on why I think they are parked badly but it just wouldn't be polite.

jon1973
    Free Member

I employ a poor person to park my car, I have no idea what sort of job they make of it.

You should employ another poor person to monitor their performance.

avdave2

Police aware sticker on windscreen and park it like you've abandoned it and you'll never have to pay for parking again.

vinnyeh

You ought to see the way the rich park in Knightsbridge… A lot of them can't be ticketed apparently, cos the plates are in Arabic, and can't be entered on the wardens computers

aP
    Free Member

Define poor.
    Round here the majority of corner parked cars are either X5/X6, 5 Touring, M450 or Cayenne turbo…

ski
    Free Member

Dents on bumpers, next to reverse parking sensors, always make me giggle 😉

atparry

I take great pride in parking my car badly at work.

It gives my colleagues something to talk about.

Some of them even believe I cannot park properly!

It can take great skill to park this babdly!

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/atparry/?action=view&current=BadParking.jpg

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/atparry/?action=view&current=Badparking2.jpg

binners

I used to work with a girl who owned a crappy little Daewoo. She was possibly the worst diver I have ever seen. Watching her try to park was a fantastic spectator sport which used to hold the whole office transfixed.

Her best was trying to reverse into a parking space you could have easily have got an artic into. Next to this parking space was a Ferrari 360. We all knew what was going to happen. And it did! You shouldn't really laugh, but…. 🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

Cos they don't have a driveway?

In which case they'll park it on their lawn 🙂

wwaswas

I worked opposite a Porsche garage for a while.

they were unloading a mixed batch of carreras and cayennes (still had all the film on the panels) when one of the drivers did the classic 'hit the accelarator and not the brake' thing and punted the carerra straight into a cayenne – the cayenne ended up on top of the 'bonnet' of the carrera.

the driver was uninjured but distraught.

LHS
    Free Member

I would have said it was more the people with astons, like one at work, who just have to use 2 spaces.

Totally in favour of this, would be fine apart from the twunts who put those nice little dinks into your car doors for you because they seem unable to open car doors carefully.

skidartist
    Free Member

The poor and the rich behave selfishly and self destructively for the same reasons – it doesn't matter how they behave as they know they'll be treated with contempt by all around them on face value alone.

crazy-legs

The daughter of the couple next door to me arrives every morning in her little Toyota Yaris, parks it at her parents house so they can have use of it throughout the day then she walks to the station.

And every morning at 6.30am, the street is treated to the door to the house slamming as one (sometimes both) of the parents walk out into the street then "COME BACK LOVE!" "TURN YER WHEEL!" "BACK A BIT" "NO, YOU'LL HAVE TO GO OUT AND COME BACK IN AGAIN" "WOOOOAAAHH" (this yelled as she gets to one end of the football field sized space and a bit close to my car behind her) "OK LOVE, THAT'LL DO" (this meaning that the car is now within 2 metres of the pavement at a roughly parallel angle).

It's followed by short bitching session as she gets out of the car about how everyone always parks too close to "her" spot.

I haven't needed an alarm clock since I moved there. In case you're wondering, the driver is 34. And she still needs her parents to help her park… 🙄

wwaswas

I'll be honest I've spent 20 minutes trying to reverse a 25ft long 6ft wide caravan into a 7ft wide gap between two others at the storage place we use.

I di get parallel parking with a 'van sorted after the first few goes though.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Maybe if you have a nicer car you park it more carefully so it's less likely to be bumped into?

My Dad took me to pick up my new car – went over to it and opened the door hitting the new car next to it; some people are pretty clueless really.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Some of them do. Most of them dont. You just notice the ones that do.

A friend tells me all cyclists jump red lights. When walking through the city the other week, we do a count and more actually stop than jump.

You notice only the things that irritate you, everything else pretty much passes by.

Also there are a lot less really expensive cars than really poor cars, so that skews the results anyway.

konabunny
    Free Member

You ought to see the way the rich park in Knightsbridge… A lot of them can't be ticketed apparently, cos the plates are in Arabic, and can't be entered on the wardens computers

They should just be trailered away – not legal to drive without Latin numerals and country of origin disc.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

A friend tells me all cyclists jump red lights. When walking through the city the other week, we do a count and more actually stop than jump.

Slight hi-jack but recently TfL study across a number of central London sets of lights where jumping reds is perceived to be a problem found that 84% complied. Perhaps more worryingly an unquantified number of the jumpers apparently thought the red light didn't apply to them!

iDave
    Free Member

I can see so many examples of bad parking from the seat of my R44

GrahamS

If you are ever bored and fancy a giggle do a search for "parking" on YouTube.

Now I'm not a great driver, but even I am impressed at what some people struggle to park in.

ourmaninthenorth

I live near a mosque. I have never seen more inconsiderate or dangerous parking than occurs every Friday.

I can't work out if this is because they are poor. Asian. Muslim. Or just lazy.

Can you help me decide which prejudice I need to apply here?

iDave
    Free Member

Mohammad was very clear about friday parking etiquette so i'd say it comes down to them being poor lazy asians

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

IME the ability of most drivers to conduct any reverse manoeuvre is woefully poor. (Control, positioning, observation, speed).

And I've yet to come across a 'good' driver who can't park or vicky versi.

The standard test includes one compulsory most instructors aim to 'get people' through rather than teach them how to do them properly (how many people still attempt to get into spaces forward rather then reversing in?)

The Advanced test includes all three (reverse around corner, reverse and turn and parallel park).

donks
    Free Member

Well it's obvious really…poor = low IQ = lack of fine motor skills = bad parking.

falkirk-mark

How does the OP know the people that are parking these cars are poor ?

tron
    Free Member

I know of a bloke who has all his family park their cars up on the road outside. He then goes and parks their cars for them in the garage!

As for reversing in the driving test, a hell of a lot of instructors will teach something along the lines of "When their back wheel passes your windscreen pillar, start turning the wheel". As a result, a lot of people learn how to maneuvre one car by rote, rather than actually develop some spatial awareness and skill.

nickc

I'm pretty relaxed generally, but when I'm king, parking on the pavement will become a capital offence.

Geronimo
    Free Member

There should be a lot more parking and reversing on the driving test.

In fact, I think that there should be an Autotest-style off-road section for the car test (as there now is for motorbikes). Reversing in a figure-of-eight, slaloms, swerves etc.

hora
    Free Member

Interesting program on last night about the bloke who clamps people who park in his carpark in Howarth.

One woman parked across two bays at 45degrees then kicked off about having to pay £75 to release her car.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

She was possibly the worst diver I have ever seen. Watching her try to park was a fantastic spectator sport which used to hold the whole office transfixed.

Nope – that accolade goes to my ex sister-in-law.

– Once reversed out of the drive of my mum's house and straight into the car parked on the other side of the road

– Wouldn't parallel park AT ALL and would rather spend hours trying to find somewhere she could drive straight into

– Once (with us all in the car) went around a corner and, spectacularly misjudging it, went onto the pavement then over-corrected so much she went onto the other side of the road and nearly mounted the kerb on the opposite carriageway

I honestly don't know how she ever managed to drive properly for long enough to pass a driving test.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Interesting program on last night about the bloke who clamps people who park in his carpark in Howarth.

What I have heard about him, he is a bit of a rogue though isn't he?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Reversing in a figure-of-eight, slaloms, swerves etc

and a Dukes-of-Hazzard-jump-river when bridge is out ?

Don't poor porple smell bad too ? We should shun them and not invite them to our dinner parties, or at least get the butler to give them a good talking-to…

HTTP404
    Free Member

“The real tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘why do poor people park their cars so badly?’ is closed to new replies.