Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Why do pinarello continue to flog this horse?
  • philjunior
    Free Member

Wouldn’t a road tubeless tyre have worse rolling resistance than an equivalently spendy clincher with latex tubes?

Nope. Tubeless ready with sealant faster (and I don’t think anyone makes full UST road tyres.).

Tubular has other advantages and sits around the same place as tubeless.

njee20
    Free Member

Think Froomies flailing octopus images and this bike in the same frame.
    Look the same ?

Ok, squint a bit and the tap your left hand on the back of your head repeatedly for .. ohh hang on, turns page over… it says 11mins but you need to also stand under an Alp in Winter.

Now do you see the similarities?

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

Re: bouncy bits on road bikes, the Trek Domane sells by the bucketload. People will buy this because it’s a gadget, and an expensive one.

13thfloormonk

Nope. Tubeless ready with sealant faster (and I don’t think anyone makes full UST road tyres.).

Ah OK, had assumed extra UST layers across whole carcass of tyre.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cool.

I guessed you wouldn’t.

legend
    Free Member

philjunior – Memberand I don’t think anyone makes full UST road tyres

Mavic do, with more to come iirc. UST is a Mavic thing though so not really a surprise (although they are making a LOT of claims about UST being by far the best setup for road tubeless so far)

https://shop.mavic.com/en-gb/yksion-pro-ust-c6967.html#1028=3395

philjunior
    Free Member

Hmmm, interesting Legend, I may have to consider Mavic for my next set of commuter wheels – I think I’d trust a road tubeless system that was 100% from one (reputable) brand. But I digest.
    Computer controlled shock does seem a bit OTT for a road bike when an on off button would do the job. And I still wonder why no suspension forks.

legend
    Free Member

If you google Mavic UST you’ll see all the usual sites doing articles on the new stuff. Here’s one to start with though: http://road.cc/content/tech-news/224595-mavic-introduces-road-ust-tubeless-system-covering-huge-section-wheel-range

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Did he use it on the mountain days with big long descents, but where people wouldn’t see him?

Nah, he used the rim braked bike to make it lighter so he could get over the moutains. In the dry. 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah, he used the rim braked bike to make it lighter so he could get over the moutains. In the dry.

And where the extra rim rub from sprinting wouldn’t be an issue.

speedstar

Fifeandy, getting slow enough in the switchbacks in the rain, i would be sore way before the bottom. With discs I can just brake much latter with so much more modulation. I feel this makes me both caster and safer.

I think the roads anywhere in the UK would benefit from suspension!

dragon
    Free Member

On the P-R thing although cobbles are what the race is famous for it ‘only’ has ~58 km of cobbles out of a total distance of 254 km (2015 race route). So any bike has to ride well on the tarmac, as it makes up over 3/4 of the race distance.

tomhoward

Why do pinarello continue to flog this horse?

Because Alan Sugar.

Not him specifically, but everything he is.

Old.
    Rich.
    Wants an expensive bike, and everyone (even non cyclists) to know it.
    Can’t hack a proper race bike anymore.
    Wants what the pros have.

legend
    Free Member

Just going to say that I don’t really have any issues with Pinarello, in fact I appreciate some of their work

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you ride in stilettos Legend?

legend
    Free Member

SPD stilletos thankyouverymuch

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why do pinarello continue to flog this horse?’ is closed to new replies.