• This topic has 34 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • why do people stop in the middle trails!
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Is it just me being cynical,or have you noticed that people just stop in the middle of trails & have a chat whilst riding?.

I don’t just mean at trail centres either, folk do it everywhere,in the peaks,the lot !,you’re on a flyer & they see you coming,wait till you’re upon them, then decide to move!, wtf is wrong with you people mtf out the way ffs….. 👿

higgo
    Free Member

Are you out of control?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Errr ,my doctor says I’m fine…. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    butcher

folk do it everywhere

They do. ASDA is particularly bad at the moment. Very frustrating.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Or doorways of shops/pubs, 🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

Why are people riding mtb’s in ASDA?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I don’t know. I nearly piled into somebody today because of it.

imnotverygood

..or at the exits from escalators. Always good for a pile up.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No what you mean never seemed to happen 5/10 years ago but you get it a fair bit nowadays.Had it few months ago on a downhill run in the Forest Of Dean two guys past there mate with a camera then not long later stopped never looked behind missed one no problem but had to stop dead for other no where to past.Another one is to stop for chat and leave your bikes all across the trail.No consideration.Did bunny hop someones bike that was across a trail in the FOD couple of years ago cleared it fine.Guy was not to happy told him dont leave it there in future 😀

xcmtb
    Free Member

Obviously snowboarders who also MTB 🙄

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Death wish I reckon. Anyone riding with me gets told to get out of the path if they have to stop.

sharki
    Free Member

Perhaps they’re not doing a strava virtual race…
    😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Why are people riding mtb’s in ASDA

Cheeky Trails.

singlespeedstu

I find the aisles of Ocado are always crowd free.

shifter
    Free Member

And, for balance, skiers – why do they just stand there after getting off a lift? Move away ffs!
    And, AND, when you’re stopping just stop, not half stop then veer off left or right straight into the path of people trying to pass, imbeciles!
    🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

The simple answer is; there are inconsiderate people in all walks of life. Nothing to get wound up about though.

Keef
    Free Member

buy a fat bike.don’t much matter no nevermind if peeps get in yer way then,jus’ squish ’em. 😆

stuarty
    Free Member

Them escalators in asda are reet tricky
    Hard to guess the up from the down

highclimber
    Free Member

I stopped mid-trail once. I felt like a right git for stopping right in the middle of a descent because of a puncture. shame on me.

joao3v16
    Free Member

people just stop in the middle of trails

There are a lot of people with absolutely zero awareness of the concept of “other people”.

These will be the same penises who park their trolley perpedicularly across the aisle in the supermarket so that nobody can get past

And they are also no doubt the same giant testicles who park on single yellow lines “just for a minute”, thus causing the biggest traffic jam ever seen.

I also suspect they are the very same selfish ball-sacks who park on the yellow zig-zags outside schools because walking 50 yards is such an impossible task.

😀

If you come across any of these wazzocks, just be thankful you’re not like them …

argoose
    Free Member

Probably same twunts who use mobile phones whilst driving

bigG
    Free Member

you not got a bell on that?

Keef
    Free Member

I got a bell or a Parpy horn on all my bikes………. 😆

elaineanne
    Free Member

bells on bikes huh… :oops:…..hmmm yeah its quite funny when walkers slate you for not avin a bell…….

yeah riders who stop half way down the trail shame on you hahahahaha….they just stop dead in your tracks to watch ‘you’ fly down infront…to laugh at you if you fall head over heels into that next big tree !!! 😳 :mrgreen:

zerocool

Is it not OK to just keep going at race speed towards people on DH tracks? Obviously I’ll give them some warning, but I’m fairly sturdy and tend to come off better than most on collisions 😉

That’s only if there’s no space to pass them.

Tom KP.

In all seriousness it pisses me off and I tend to stop and give them a bollocking rather than actually ride over them… mostly

jim79
    Free Member

Charlie Uniform November Tangoes – everywhere, a good cull needed!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do they have their bikes upside down?

mildred

Yes it’s a real spoiler when folk are out having a great day and stop to let a mate catch up, consult a map, high 5 over how awesome the last bit of trail was, mend a puncture, apply a plaster, phone a loved one, or just enjoy the moment.

Have you ever thought that they just weren’t thinking that some riding God would need their square foot of trail; that they’d perhaps made a mistake, error in judgement, call it what you will… They’re out enjoying themselves – live and let live and move on.

sbob
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

Why are people riding mtb’s in ASDA?

I was barred from Tesco for test riding a BMX.
    Also barred from a TK Maxx when a group of us discovered “heelies” in adult sizes and also put them to the test.

mrmo
    Free Member

Have you ever thought that they just weren’t thinking that some riding God would need their square foot of trail; that they’d perhaps made a mistake, error in judgement, call it what you will… They’re out enjoying themselves – live and let live and move on.

nothing about enjoying themselves it is all about being an inconsiderate twunk and blocking the trail, stop by all means but move to the side incase others want to come through. Not difficult is it?

Metasequoia

Mr Reed Speed, it must be very inconvenient, but have you considered that some of those trails in the Peaks were not just designed for you on flyer: horses, walkers, other mtb riders use them too, and may stop at anytime. Most people would step off the bridleway to let you pass, of course…

kayak23

Mate broke his wrist out in France this year after a couple of persons left a bike in the track after a jump. Whole week of riding missed and considerable expense because of it. But agree, there are cwats in all areas of life.

mildred

stop by all means but move to the side incase others want to come through. Not difficult is it?

No, you’re right it’s not difficult, but it’s not the end of the world either. The rare times I’ve visited trail centres I’ve been struck by the attitude of some riders. At Cannock I saw a lad face plant into a tree and was semi ‘with it’ walking on & off the trail with blood pouring from the hole in his face that his teeth had just left. His mates were a mixture of “oh shit, what do we do” & “quick, get some pics of it..!”.

A group of rider with all the gear, nice bikes, and decent enough riders went past muttering about shit bikes & riders, and one shouted “get off the f****ng track nobbers”. Totally uncalled for and if they’d stopped to enquire what was happening they would have found a lad in need of medical attention.

My point is that folk don’t do this on purpose; sometimes it’s inexperience, other times its simply not thinking and being too ‘high’ on their ride, but there may be others in trouble. Folk should just relax a bit – it’s only a bike ride.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Why would you let a semi with it mate wonder on and off the trail with blood pouring out of him?
    Sounds like the sort of idiots that would stop in the middle of a trail.

JCL
    Free Member

Do they have their bikes upside down?

And usually pulling their brakes and wondering why they don’t work.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘why do people stop in the middle trails!’ is closed to new replies.