Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Why do people not wash their hands…….
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

…..even after a Richard III?

I’m amazed to have witnessed a chap come out of the cubicle next to me after ‘dropping the kids off’ and hasn’t washed his hands!

I don’t envy anyone shaking his hand this morning!

Dirty b4stard!

Edric64
    Free Member

Because they don’t poke their finger through the paper?

allan23
    Free Member

We have a few, started refusing drinks in the office now depending on whose round it is.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t envy anyone shaking his hand this morning!

Did you have to pull/push on the same door handle to exit? Use the same kettle in the kitchen?

DrJ

How do you know what he was doing in the cubicle? Did you check the bowl for signs of his poo?

allan23
    Free Member

How do you know what he was doing in the cubicle? Did you check the bowl for signs of his poo?

If it’s anything like our office and the diet of the average IT worker, you can hear three streets away 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, maybe he was just getting rid of his morning glory, no?.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

2 solders going for a wee in the urinals.

The first finishes up and goes to leave the toilet.

The other says, ‘In the Marines, we are taught to wash our hands after a wee’.
    The other says ‘In the SAS we are taught not to wee on our hands’.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I must confess if it’s a wee in a smeggy public toilet I take the view that my knob is cleaner than anything else in the place, and touching the taps etc to wash my hands will only make them dirtier. A Rich III is a different matter cos you have to touch flusher & door lock.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Allan23, haha spot on! It was a prolonged small explosion and the dude does work within the IT team….

Rubber Buccaneer, i’m one of those folks that opens the doors with the coat sleeve! …..as for the kettle, nope.

yunki
    Free Member

I use antibacterial alcohol scrub after touching any door handle or handrail.. And I wear a respiratory mask outdoors to prevent pollutants and infections..
    I never use public transport or eat out or go to pubs
    I disinfect all surfaces in the home 3 times per day and wouldn’t dream of handling the children without full hazmat suit..

Don’t even talk to me about the family dog!!

nickc

most people can’t wash their hands properly anyway

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Salmonella bacteria can be transferred through 20-30 sheets of toilet paper…

binners

You’re just presuming he’d had a dump. Maybe he was just having a cheeky couple of lines?

yunki
    Free Member

You go for it OCD guys.. Evolving bacterial defense out of the gene pool one day at a time 😆

zippykona

I’d put a sign on all the cubicle door saying ” Everyone who has touched this handle has just had a shit.”

amedias
    Free Member

i’m one of those folks that opens the doors with the coat sleeve!

which you wash right afterwards I presume?

zbonty

As long as he didn’t ice the log too, that would be really gross

FuzzyWuzzy

People in the office toilets that miss and don’t clear up after themselves wind me up to. How so many people manage to miss on a daily basis is beyond me as well.

retro83
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy – Member – Block User – Quote
    People in the office toilets that miss and don’t clear up after themselves wind me up to. How so many people manage to miss on a daily basis is beyond me as well.

Once went into an airport toilet cubicle to find somebody had crimped off a richard onto the closed lid of the toilet. How does that even happen?

DrJ

Once went into an airport toilet cubicle to find somebody had crimped off a richard onto the closed lid of the toilet. How does that even happen?

People not used to toilet seats balance on the seat and squat down – hence turds all over the back of the bog, or I guess in your case the person had poor balance and elected to squat down on the closed seat.

SaxonRider

I agree with the suggestion, posited by yunki, that it is possible to be too OCD about the whole hand washing thing.

BUT…

It is also true that, there are higher incidences of hepatitis A where people are less likely to wash their hands after going to the toilet.

And for those who don’t know what this means, as per the NHS:

Hepatitis A is caused by the hepatitis A virus.
    The virus is most commonly spread through the “faecal-oral” route.

So why the hell would anyone want to use a toilet – public or private – and not wash their hands afterward? Contaminating them does not require a lack of loo roll. 🙄

craigxxl
    Free Member

Don’t every use the toilets at a supermarket then. Amazing how many people don’t wash then go do their shopping. Man handling the food products, putting them back and then you’ll go and pick them up later for that nights tea, piss stains and all 😯

davidjey
    Free Member

i’m one of those folks that opens the doors with the coat sleeve!

which you wash right afterwards I presume?

[/quote]

Wash hands, dry hands on paper towels, use paper towels to touch door handle when leaving the loo. Deposit paper towels in next bin you pass.

This system is of course ruined if you have to touch the taps to turn them off.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just as bad is flushing the toilet with the lid up.. Yup.. That will be a fine mist of urine, faeces and any bacteria or virus contained in it spread across every nearby surface..

http://www.prevention.com/health/healthy-living/how-toilets-spread-germs

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You need a balance of good hygiene and healthy bacteria exposure.

Otherwise you immune system won’t be ready for the next wipe out.

Wash my hands personally or use alcohol rub when out hiking before a meal after observing a friend with bad diarrhoea for 5 days and a ruined holiday. Although watching them dive behind a tree was amusing at first.

At school I don’t wash my hands before eating a sandwich – you need to get tough and exposed to all the bugs.

Have a yoghurt.

Rubber_Buccaneer

This system is of course ruined if you have to touch the taps to turn them off.

Not for me, I’ve learned to operate the taps with my bum cheeks

globalti
    Free Member

I’m still cleaning and disinfecting the downstairs bog after my elderly MIL left on Monday following a 6 month stay. There are some unidentified deposits on the tap, door handle, flush, light switch and anything else she grabbed to steady herself. I’ve taken up the roll ‘n stroll that we put down in the hope of protecting the floor, have done the first wash down of the pan but the floor still smells of wee so now I need to wash everything with hot detergent then re-install my cycling mags and Private Eye library for a resumption of my undisturbed morning sessions.

jimmy

Aye, maybe he was just getting rid of his morning glory, no?

Oh now I WANT to shake him by the hand

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Because they are ignorant t0ssers…

zilog6128

You go for it OCD guys.. Evolving bacterial defense out of the gene pool one day at a time

Indeed, why bother treating any diseases or conditions? It just makes the human race weaker if you allow the inferior to survive.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ooooh! I sense a Godwin opportunity…

zippykona

My brother used to maintenance for the gatwick sorting office.
    He was forever fixing the toilets due to some of the staff standing on the toilet rather than sitting as is their culture.
    You can imagine their aim wasn’t always the best.

allan23
    Free Member

Ooooh! I sense a Godwin opportunity…

Anyone good enough at the video editing to do that popular YouTube clip with captions about washing your hands?

callmetc
    Free Member

just building the immune system.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Don’t touch anything in public toilets apart from my man pork and clothes. Use my foot to flush open the door with my pinky and then foot. My willy is cleaner than the taps.

Work I’m forever washing my hands before touching patients and after. And obviously after taking gloves off. Use alcohol gel and the moisturiser frequently. Dry skin is bad for germs hiding in.

In 8 years of working in healthcare I’ve had sickness bugs twice. Both when someone vomited on me.

wilburt
    Free Member

Washing my hands before taking a waz seems more sensible to me. generally wash after a number two but paper always seems like a poor solution for bum cleaning, so would rather wash all at the same time.

retro83
    Free Member

May I introduce you to this:

linky

Washes and dries the cleftal horizon, pre-warms the seat also.

wilburt
    Free Member

Thank you, looks erm..cool. I’m not sure though its a £365 problem, unlike saving 100 grams off my wheelset which is keeping me awake night.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Why do people not wash their hands…….’ is closed to new replies.