• This topic has 85 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Why do people hate Tesco so much?
  • Sonor
    Free Member

Think the fact that they account for over 30% of all grocery spending in this country – it just doesn’t seem like a healthy thing to me.

Hope it doesn’t kill off the local shops.

People choosing to shop there will kill off the local shops.

We’ve created a monster.

El-bent
    Free Member
    RichPenny
    Free Member

Last year I moved to a nice little market town. No supermarket for 5 miles, butchers, greengrocers, deli, butcher etc. For the first few months I continued shopping at Tesco, just as it was next to work and convenient. Then I realised that I liked the little shops, so started to use them. I also work long hours, but go out of my way to use the town shops on a saturday because they are BETTER. Quality is great, price is competitive and I’ve stopped buying loads of shite I don’t need.

The only thing we don’t have is a fishmonger, but I can go to Salisbury market for that. The reason we don’t have a fishmonger? That would be supermarkets then….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I like Tesco a lot.

I am completely ignorant concerning the level of obesity amongst it’s customers in comparison with other supermarkets. Neither am I aware whether they sell relatively higher volumes of cheap beer than their competitors. I have no opinion concerning the sports attire of their customers. I have not yet felt offended as a result of witnessing other customers buying their own brand products.

But that’s probably because I concentrate on my own **** shopping and don’t walk around a supermarket like some sort of **** strolling through an art gallery.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pity WBA can’t do the Basics, though, eh? 😉

Joxster – Member

BoardinBob – Member

These people were being paid 3p an hour!

And if Tesco weren’t there, they’d be getting paid 0p an hour!

They would be claiming £500 a week in benefits

Eh? Anyone care to explain that one?

0091paddy – Member

Lidl is the way forward!

So speaketh the Voice Of Reason.

I divide my shop between LiDLs and Waitrose. Strangely, you get more top totty in both, than you will see in any of the ‘Big Four’.

And if you think Tesco’s is bad; you don’t want to try the Living Hell that is….

….Somerfield. 😯

aP
    Free Member

I don’t like their business practices, their near monopoly or Dame Shirley Porter and that’s why I don’t shop there.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Why do people hate Tesco so much?’ is closed to new replies.