Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Why do people hate mums net?
  • baldSpot
    Free Member

Title: I’m worried that my Husband is going to leave me.
    post #1 Whilst going shopping in Stockport the other day I caught my DH looking at this girl at the bus stop.
    We got onto the bus and sat down, it was crowded and the girl was now standing near us. MY DH stood up and let the pretty girl have his seat. She fluttered her eyelids at him and said thanks.
    When we got to our stop at Hattersley I asked the girl if I could get past. The girl said no worries, this is my stop too. I am now concerned that after what has happened today that my husband might see her agaain.
    post #2 If your husband is acting like that I’d be careful, from small acorns oak trees grow.
    post #3 Make him sleep on the sofa tonight, that’ll sort him.
    post #4 That’s how it started with me, my ex gave up his seat to an elderly lady on the bus, and two years later ran off with a colleague who works in his canteen.
    post #5 Mr Bobbit
    post #6 I feel your pain
    post #7 ^^^^^
    …..some pages later
    post #197 Maybe have a chat with him if you think there is a problem, doesn’t sound like it to me though.
    post #198 ^^^^ WTF. !!! Looks like we’ve been infiltrated by a man again.

-brilliant!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Its full of women and women scare the average STWer

some of the threads I looked at led me to believe that there were no actual women present 🙂

Cetainly the thread that was removed on there was considerably less well mannered than the one complained about on here!

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Mumsnet appears to be full of middle aged women who have let themselves go complaining that there husbands look at other middle age women that haven’t.

yunki
    Free Member

I think people hate mums net cos it’s full of holes…

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

They all need to WTFU over there.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Sounds horrific and my idea of HELLLL…………..nothing worse than parents bleating on about how good their kids are .. ooo and isn’t it nasty when they get competitive abotu what Jonny did at 5 months old ……

I worry that it may just be…

…. doing all sides of every thread.

‘Speaking as a mother’

Tango-Man
    Free Member
    Tango-Man
    Free Member

This must be from someone on here…

I like it as does my DH. Its a fundemental part of almost any relationship. If you have a healthy attitude towards it there is nothing to hide and therefore nothing to be embarrassed about.
    We like to put a DVD on fast forward it, stop it at a random place and act out the scene that is on.

Imagine my surprise when I ended up in a gangbang with 4 rather well endowed coloured chaps.

chickadee
    Free Member

Anywhere that has the open discussion of EWCM is frightening. Get your excuses ready if googling it with male colleagues around…

fisha
    Free Member

Do you think pinksock is a sister of wizard sock?.

has to be a wind up surely.

nickf
    Free Member

Having just had a look at it, I imagine that most people will, like me, find it to be the whiniest bunch of toss they’ve yet read.

Oh, and the acronyms…..in the names of all the saints, there can be no excuse for DH (dearest hubby), DD (darling daughter), PFB (precious first born) etc, surely?

Good enough reasons?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Overbearing, over protective, over opinionated Mums = RUN AWAY!!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

nickf – Member
    Having just had a look at it, I imagine that most people will, like me, find it to be the whiniest bunch of toss they’ve yet read.

Oh, and the acronyms…..in the names of all the saints, there can be no excuse for DH (dearest hubby), DD (darling daughter), PFB (precious first born) etc, surely?

Good enough reasons?

Really???? Dear God……………………

nickf
    Free Member

Gilo, if only I were joking…….

oddjob
    Free Member

I like it as does my DH. Its a fundemental part of almost any relationship. If you have a healthy attitude towards it there is nothing to hide and therefore nothing to be embarrassed about.
    We like to put a DVD on fast forward it, stop it at a random place and act out the scene that is on.

Imagine my surprise when I ended up in a gangbang with 4 rather well endowed coloured chaps.

Can’t stop sniggering at this and now I have to lie to my workmates about what I am reading…

backhander
    Free Member

PFB (precious first born)

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Pieface

I just went and had a look at it.

Interesting place

samuri
    Free Member

I wondered what they meant when I had a look. That really is gunshot worthy.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I thought DH stood for downhill.

No wonder they banned me for asking whether they liked 8 inches in the front.

scruttocks
    Free Member

AIBU ?

To put Deore on an mmmbop ? – will DGF leave me if I do ?

Tango-Man
    Free Member
    Keva
    Free Member

Sounds horrific and my idea of HELLLL…………..nothing worse than parents bleating on about how good their kids are …

exactly

fag, phone, pushchair… 400 chavvy mothers in one place… no thanks.

hora
    Free Member

I want to like Mumsnet to use as a resource as a new parent but some of the bitterness/relationship-stuff just puts me off. Are people that incapable of talking to another adult/compromise etc? Strikes me as indicative of the quality of the posters sadly.

What also peeves me is the undercurrent of ‘man hatred’ as well.

I know its called Mumsnet however it shouldn’t be that inclusive but more open to parents as I imagine some females are also put off (my partner is).

This could be ripe for a new parentsnet forum IMO.

emma82
    Free Member

There are loads of other forums though on mumsnet though hora, if you want to use it properly I would just avoid the relationships page and post on the others which mostly don’t get trolled. For some reason the relationships page gets badly trolled which a few stw’ers might be guilty of doing I seem to remember and that’s why the topics get heated so often, because it’s clear someone is taking the piss. You don’t find many trolls or bitter nastyness on threads discussing more serious issues like still born/ miscarriage/ infertility etc.

edhornby

you know how some people do nothing but go on and on and on and on about their kids and nothing else???? they have broadband and go on the internetz

nicko74

This is a bit of a wild guess, but I think there’s a bit of a backlash because frankly we’re sick of hearing about it. So there’s a forum on the interwebz where likeminded female parents hang out and ask each other things?
    Well f*ck me, who woulda thunk it?

Politicians act as if it’s the second coming or something, spending time asking their opinions, answering their questions and so on. Bit like playing on ****tter cause it’s kewl, izzit. Just give it a friggin rest.

Plus we know what forums are like, and precisely how much press they should get generally…

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Why do people hate mums net?’ is closed to new replies.