Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Why do I wake up sore everyday?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi Crew,

So I’m 30 years young reasonably fit but every morning when my alarm goes off I wake up sore.
    Main parts being knees, shoulders and just the whole body being a bit achy but why ? I’m alight after say 15 minutes of being up and moving around but I’m so over feeling so sore when I wake up.
    I’m a joiner so I have a pretty active job and I ride say 3 times a week.
    Do you have the same problem? Are there vitamins or something that might help ?

Be great to hear any feedback,

Cheers
    Shaun

seosamh77
    Free Member

Make your peace, it’s the end, I’m afraid.

jjojjas
    Free Member

google fibromyalgia.
    Jas

ahsat

When did you last buy yourself a new decent mattress? Makes a huge difference and mattresses should be replaced every ~10 years.

myti
    Free Member

I’m 35 and exactly the same. Manual job for the last 15 years takes it’s toll. No pill is going to help I’m afraid.you need to get into yoga!The mattress idea is a good one too. I switched to memory foam and that really helped.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yes, for about the last 10 years. Although for me its all muscular pain rather than joints and takes a lot longer than 15 mins to ease off.
    Understandable if i’ve been training, but is still present even during end of season break.
    Tried all the obvious stuff like increased protein intake, new mattress etc.

windydave13
    Free Member

You’ll get used to it eventually 🙂 Its all part and parcel of getting old 😆

shaungero
    Free Member

I’m definitely in need of a new mattress so that’s a good start. Also yoga as you said could be an option to look at.
    That’s the thing I understand after a big day at work or a big ride the day before but I’m in holiday ATM and have been for the past week and still feel it.
    God it’s overrated this getting old thing.

Vader
    Free Member

Drink a glass of water or two before you go to bed, works for me. Even if you have to get up in the night you still sleep better when you are hydrated

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Excessive masturbation….

fifeandy
    Free Member

Excessive masturbation….

Totally worth it 😀

ahsat

We are sleeping on an old Ikea mattress at the moment as our bed is in storage and we both keep commenting that we are stiff as a result! Certainly has proved the concept to me. That and my ~60 year old parents just replaced their 20 year old mattress and keep remarking how much better they feel!

binners

Have you got a cat?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWfUEGyrdk[/video]

jekkyl

theboatman
    Free Member

Rohypnol?

But as above, I’ve been a squaddie and a&E nurse, and generally cycled to work. Started to notice more general aching in my thirties, and now I’m mid-fourties I just ache whenever I start to move. But once in motion I’m awesome 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

You have reached skeletal maturity and peak bone mass and it is all downhill from here

aracer
    Free Member

Not enough lube.

In your joints, why what did you think I meant?

Kahurangi

Arthritis?

Be wary of googling for “fibromyalgia”, it seems to be a bit of a catch-all for any undiagnosed body/skeletal pain.

/edit

do you have an overly soft mattress?? Is it better when you go camping and have a less saggy bed?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Make sure your bike is fitted properly i.e. Seat height position reach etc. The amount of people I see on very expensive bikes with the saddle to low or the frame to large. Stretch after exercise also.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you got a cat?

If so, that’s how you contracted cat AIDS. The bad sort.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Take a cod liver oil capsule every day. As a joiner you should be a lot more supple than the lardy arsed desk jockeys who seem to frequent this forum.
    Are you on any medication?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Leap out of bed and attack the pain, fight it, kill it, its you or the pain……………………who is it gonna be

😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

Check your pillow as well, I had a nine year old memory foam one that was giving me horrific back pain.

nedrapier

No pill is going to help

Not true. My dad had to stop working when he was 41 due to chronic pain and severely restricted mobility – needed a wheelchair for anything outside the house. He had a hunch that something was blocking his repair process, probably a shortage one or a number of vitamins/minerals/proteins etc, so he got stuck into the biochemistry textbooks and papers to find out how they all interact (Alice in Wonderland world of ever increasing complexity/contradiction and compromise) and worked through them all individually to figure out what promoted repair and what didn’t.

Ups have always followed downs – increased repair has always been accompanied by increased pain, to the point where if he tries something new and pain levels increase he’ll be fairly certain that he’s onto something. 2-6 months of elevated pain levels, followed by reduced pain and increased mobility.

He’s still making progress 25, 30 years on, and for a 70 year old to be able to be walking further every year, with less pain and quicker recovery is pretty unusual.

Keva
    Free Member

a new mattress will definitely help but are you actually getting enough sleep and eating properly or crawling into bed every night after six pints and a bag of chips from the chip shop?

tazzymtb

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvk8eyTO6Tc[/video]

DT78
    Free Member

Do you do any form of stretching or core exercises?

If I don’t do any maintenance I suffer from bad knees and back. It is a result of overpronation / stiff ankles / tight hamstrings and ITB. Lots of rollering and yoga helps, to the stage it stops hurting, so I stop stretching and it all starts again…

nedrapier

Be wary of googling for “fibromyalgia”, it seems to be a bit of a catch-all for any undiagnosed body/skeletal pain.

Quite right. And because of this, even for those formally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, the diagnosis is not a huge amount of help. Doesn’t move you onto any particular treatment programme, as no-one knows how many different factors are at play in one individual or in the group of sufferers as a whole, whether it’s one “disease” or loads.

Looking at the word itself gives you a clue about how little help it offers:

The term fibromyalgia is derived from three words – “fibro” is a Latin word meaning fibrous tissues such as tendons and ligaments that connect bones to muscles and bones respectively. The middle part “my” is derived from the word “myo” meaning muscles. The word literally means pain in the fibrous tissues.

“I’m suffering from pain, what’s wrong?”

“You’re suffering from pain.”

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ah, welcome to the club – I’m now fairly certain my Wife knocks me about with a bat in my sleep – a decent 10 min hot shower sorts me out.

I’ve got a lot of old injuries in my arms which cause most of it, but my knees and back are useless first thing, winter worse than summer.

As for magic pills, I was taking 3000mgs of Fish Oil a day which helped, I’ve forgotten to buy them for ages, but they’re good for reducing inflamation in your joints etc, – they give you a wet noise and a shiney coat too, or that’s what the vet said.

bigblackshed

Mattress.

Are you cold in bed? I find I tense up if I’m cold.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Are you cold in bed? I find I tense up if I’m cold.

Sometimes, but not all the time – although for me, temperature does for sure play a part.
    I do feel better when i’m on holiday soaking up 25°C every day than at home in the perpetual gloom.

💡
    Having just typed out what I guess I have known for ages, I googled vitamin D deficiency and found I have a minor case of 3 of top 5 symptoms.
    Fatigue
    General muscle pain and weakness
    Chronic pain

cooligan
    Free Member

Hi, I suffered vague but chronic pain around my shoulders and upper torso for around 18 months. I tried all sorts of physios, doctors, acupuncture etc. When I started to develop other conditions, I self-diagnosed Lyme disease, went to the GP and had tests which proved positive.

I had a strong course of anti-biotics and things slowly started to correct themselves. I’ve recently had a few similar pains in my knees which the physio diagnosed as inflammation behind my kneecaps.

I’m half putting it down to a recent walking holiday in Italy, but in the back of my mind, I can’t help thinking that the lingering virus keeps dishing out various bouts of joint pain just to remind me that I’m probably stuck with it!

I’m early forties, fit as a flea in every other respect and very active… I wouldn’t be accepting your symptoms at your age, talk to a GP and don’t take ‘no’ for an answer. If it’s affecting your ability to work, they’re far more inclined to help.

lowey

Trust me its not fibromyalgia.

My Partner has Fibro… horrible horrible horrible condition.

andy4d

Have you had any eye issues? If it was lower back I would say look up ankylosing spondylitis but it can affect other parts too.

If not then it’s cat aids. You will not find your answer here, talk to your GP.

allan23
    Free Member

It’s the chem trails…. or you’re gluten intolerant.

Maybe see a GP and make their day by listening to them.

shaungero
    Free Member

Thanks heaps guys for all ththe feedback.
    I didn’t think to much of it when I put the post up now all of a sudden I’m thinking shit what wrong with me haha.
    But definitely something to sort out now rather than wait a few years till it gets worse so a massive thanks to all the comments. Plus good to know I’m not alone with the aches pains.

sandboy

I’m also a joiner but a bit older at 46 and started to get pains in my joints and generally feeling achey in my mid 30’s. The wife has taught me yoga which is amazing at keeping the body supple and flexible and the mind a bit calmer. I take cod liver oil and glucosamine daily and eat oily fish every other day especially after riding. I’m confident that if I continue this regime, it’s looking not too bad for the future. Drinking lots of water is also important, the thing I found most difficult to work into my routine but now drink about 3 litres every day. I’ve got no science to back this up but it seems to work for me.

slackalice
    Free Member

New mattress
    Start yoga
    Drink plenty of water
    Big spliff just before bedtime.

You’ll be fine. 😀

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Why do I wake up sore everyday?’ is closed to new replies.