• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Why do I hate visiting my mum?
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

OMG it's so annoying being home, I've just realised how much I dislike it…… Onu 7 hours unroll I can leave

cynic-al
    Free Member

Know how you feel but try to make it positive. I find time with my mum v difficult but she brought me up and ain't gonna be here forever.

She's just had a health scare which focuses the mind!

danridesbikes
    Free Member

because there is no more money to rob?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    2hottie
    Free Member

I don't visit my mum and she lives 2 miles away. She makes me feel uncomfortable when I visit and if she wasn't my mum I wouldn't have anything to do with her at all. She fails to see any of her wrongs and is too judgemental. She has become obsessed with keeping up with the Jones and has become a horrible person by doing so. I feel sorry for my little brother and sister who have been manipulated to dislike my dad who has been taken for a ride also.

If you dislike it that much then leave, or MTFU and deal with it.

Good luck tho

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can't imagine hating visiting my parents/family, but if you don't get on with them then I can see the concern. So long as you're not being a bored childish ingrate (Which I'm sure you can assess yourself if you're a mature adult) then you obviously have reasons for feeling how you do. Personally I'd just try to confront those reasons and remove them so I could enjoy it again, but maybe they're beyond that. Who knows. STW isn't going to answer the questions for you…

Kuco

I've just got back from visiting my mum. Since my dad died last year she spends a lot of time on her own so make even more effort to see her, just wished one of my brothers did as well.

As cynic-al said they won't be around forever and wished I spent a bit more time with my dad before he died. Life's to short to hold grudges and be bitter.

druidh
    Free Member

Kuco – Member
    I've just got back from visiting my mum. Since my dad died last year she spends a lot of time on her own so make even more effort to see her, just wished one of my brothers did as well.

As cynic-al said they won't be around forever and wished I spent a bit more time with my dad before he died. Life's to short to hold grudges and be bitter.

All of the above.

She drives me mental sometimes, but we've just come back from a weeks holiday with her. Does it "cramp our style", yes. Intrudes into stuff we'd like to do, places we'd go etc. But she is now on her own and needs the support of her family. I reckon I still owe her 18 years or so….

uplink
    Free Member

It may sound clichéd – but you will regret not finding time for her one day

freddyg
    Free Member

It is not a cliché at all.

My mum died in 1990, I was 22 at the time. I'd left home at 17 on bad terms and had just started to build bridges between us 6 weeks before she died. I wish I'd done it sooner – I still miss her, even though she and I fought like cat and dog.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I'm not going to stop seeing her, but venting on here stops me arguing with her. Grrr she annoys me but seeing as she no longer likes my sister I need to hang around. But my god is it annoying, I'm just counting down the hours until I can drive the 300 miles home

Edric64
    Free Member

Mummy I don't like you boohoo another shite thread !!

Hairychested
    Free Member

2 hottie
    She fails to see any of her wrongs and is too judgemental. She has become obsessed with keeping up with the Jones and has become a horrible person by doing so.

Is she related to my mother-out of-law?

Drac

Had disagreements with my parents over the years but the last week has been horrible. My Dad took seriously ill and we nearly lost him several times and it's been awful. Put some long hours in at the hospital just sitting by his side, was unpleasant at times knowing how ill he was and what the outcome was likely to be.

He fought back though and is doing well. Make the most of the time with your Mother and stop being so selfish yourself. They aren't there for ever, my Dad is 61 and we nearly lost him. My wife lost her Dad a few years ago and missing him all the time.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Dan and edric, glad there are cocks here for me when I need them most

Edric64
    Free Member

Stop starting **** stupid threads then

ianpinder
    Free Member

I love her, but by god does she annoy me. If I vent on her then it allows me to get on with it.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

glad there are cocks here for me when I need them most

You need cock?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Why would you want to vent on your Mum? That suggests that she is some sort of emotional punch bag for you. What does she do that makes you so angry?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

If its not one thing, it's your Mother…

jon1973
    Free Member

Why are you still here posting on a shit thread then? nothing better to do or just attention seeking?

Edric64
    Free Member

I'm not the attention seeker ,this site gives me such a laugh looking at all the shit posted by people who have no real friends but only ones on the net that they can put stupid questions to

hora
    Free Member

+1 Sounds cruel but she suffered and lost part of her figure for you.

jon1973
    Free Member

I'm not the attention seeker

yeah right, what ever you say 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well you read it, didn't you think it was stupid before you posted? I guess thinking isn't your strong point.

Edric64
    Free Member

It's like seeing The Sun on a news stand you need to have a look to see what makes some people tick

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I see your'e back. Shut the door on your way out.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Edric go boil your head please

hora
    Free Member

It's like seeing The Sun on a news stand you need to have a look to see what makes some people tick

Lucy, 21 from Southampton or Maria 19 from Manchester make me tick.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Why do I hate visiting my mum?’ is closed to new replies.