• This topic has 54 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Why do I feel crap after exercise ??
  • iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

Another possibility is iron deficiency. This can make you feel pretty crappy and give you headaches.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Headache could be from weak neck muscles, your head is a heavy weight when jogging compressing the spine, neck muscles are working much too hard, probably also linked to poor posture.
    The other obvious ones are a good nights sleep and avoid eating empty calories.
    If you want to lose weight and get in shape, weight training is your friend.

hilldodger
    Free Member

To be blunt, for the moderate amount of exercise the OP mentions you will need little more than a few sips of water to keep the mouth fresh and maybe a sweet treat afterwards – all these supplement regimes, recovery potions and release of toxins are just obscuring the issue.

OP did some exercise, gulped down 2 pints of water, ate dinner and felt a bit crap for a few hours – hardly merits discussion really 😉

renton
    Free Member

I’m going to start adding some weights I’m next week.

Compound moves like squats, deadlifts and bench press.

renton
    Free Member

Hilldodger if you had actually read the thread properly you will have read it’s not just last night but pretty much every time I do some exercise.

Thanks for the input though.

hilldodger
    Free Member

well as you seem to “have form” in posting up every little trivia then getting aerated when the replies are somewhat less than serious I’ll leave it for now……..

jimjam
    Free Member

hilldodger

To be blunt, for the moderate amount of exercise the OP mentions you will need little more than a few sips of water to keep the mouth fresh and maybe a sweet treat afterwards – all these supplement regimes, recovery potions and release of toxins are just obscuring the issue.

OP did some exercise, gulped down 2 pints of water, ate dinner and felt a bit crap for a few hours – hardly merits discussion really

It might merit discussion for him. So why shouldn’t he discuss it on here, along with every other trivial matter under the sun that gets discussed ad nauseum.

The OP said he weighs 113kg, that’s 18 stone right? He mentions running 5k, he hasn’t mentioned his height. I consider myself reasonably fit, cycle 100 miles a week or so. I wouldn’t enjoy running 5k and I certainly wouldn’t enjoy doing it with 6 stone strapped to my back.

ton

renton, I am 120kgs at present………..I feel awesome after exercise.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…So why shouldn’t he discuss it on here, along with every other trivial matter under the sun that gets discussed ad nauseum

I didn’t question his right to discuss it, just my intention to not participate further 😛

deviant
    Free Member

renton – Member
    I’m going to start adding some weights I’m next week.
    Compound moves like squats, deadlifts and bench press.

Good, concentrate on good form and technique, forget about the weight being used for a while, you should see benefits fairly quickly as they’re good exercises.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You lot gonna start dancing round those handbags or swinging them?

wilburt
    Free Member

Do you think I need a protein recovery drink after a 5km run ?

No.

There is something of a “overweight unfit bloke exercises and feel **** afterwards” shocker to the thread but still worth asking.

A five 5k run may not be much to lots of people but if your carrying 30kg extra and not used to excercise you can expect headaches taking time to recover.

Normal diet guidelines apply though, you ain’t eating your way out of it, just get on and do more keep hydrated and eat clean clean unprocessed foods.

rene59
    Free Member

Exercise induced migraines are a thing. I get them after most strenuous sessions of exercise. I bought a heart rate monitor and kept a diary to see what triggers them. I found that when on the % of max setting, if I exceeded 90% even for a short while I would have a migraine during the following hours. Went to the GP with this and they offered beta blockers. I tried them and they seemed to work but gave them up as I didn’t want to be dependent on them. Now I just try and keep below 90% of maximum heart rate or exercise later at night so I can at least try and sleep off the migraine.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Renton….. I was diagnosed as diabetic at 39 years of age, having been tested at least seven times over the years running up to final diagnosis when I was commuting 36 miles a day on the bike followed by 10k on the air rower and a 20 minute run…..despite being in the region of 18 stone….a very fit 18 stone with massive lung capacity but I couldn’t control my blood sugars.
    I would still suggest you go and ask for another diabetic test to eliminate it…..caught early it can slow down a lot of scary side effects happening early!

hora
    Free Member

A pint of milk before a ride is like rocket fuel for me

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why do I feel crap after exercise ??’ is closed to new replies.