Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Why do I always get ill at Christmas?
  • curtisthecat
    Free Member

As above. Seems every year is the same. I thought I got through it this year, and even arranged a ride(sorry Cinnamon Girl), when low and behold the midnight squirts and cramps started. Then other half had a visit with the added bonus of a good spew. Now we both feel a bit achey and sore like something is on the way. Oh well, lots more chicken noodle soup and Canada Dry. And time to plan my summer hols.

Kuco

I use to be sick at christmas then about 6 years ago started to have the flu jab and been fine since. But if it’s the squibs is it something your eaten?

spooky_b329

Get someone else to cook the turkey?! Also general hygeine with lots of raw meat combined with party snack cocktail sausages and scotch eggs in the fridge…very easy to contaminate stuff.

Worst thing…don’t wash the turkey before cooking it. You just splash raw meat all over the sink/worktop/taps/drying dishes etc etc which you then will go and prepare your sarnies on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Your body fights ilness harder when you are worling. You relax for the holiday and your body rests and then the b@st@rds get you.

I have just realised I am still alive for the first day since Christmas.

KonaTC

Similar thing here, I use to have a 60+ hour a week job, lots of people and problems to manage, then when I had time of work my body just collapsed, flu like symptoms, etc.

Spoke to the doctor and did a bit of research and stress seems the likeliest cause, fortunately I could move sideways to a less stressful job in the same company have changed.

miketually
    Free Member

When I was teaching in primary school (60 hours weeks), I was ill during every school holiday.

Rich
    Free Member

Virtually everyone I know are, or have been ill lately, its the same most Winters.

🙁

sunchaser
    Free Member

It usually happens to me. I thinks your body lets its guard down when you’ve got some time-off… then BANG! down you go.

Having said that, this year I’ve been OK.

🙂

superlurch
    Free Member

Because God hates you..?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Have you offended Baby Jesus?

rs
    Free Member

sunchaser, you’re screwed now!

Chris
    Free Member

I been ill since Boxing day. Went for a ride on the Tox on xmas eve and thought something was up then as I really struggled on the ups and could hardly concentrate on the downs.

JD neat tomorrow should sort it…

epicyclo

It’s an evil capitalist plot.

Bosses store up all the viruses so you don’t get sick in working time and release them just before holidays and weekends so they don’t have to give you sick pay.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Why do I always get ill at Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.