Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • why do I always end up with an odd number of socks?
  • barkit
    Free Member

Whatever I do it’s always the same: I end up with an uneven number of socks…
    After talking with friends about this major issue, I realized that they also have the same problem, but what could that mean?

Is it somehow a kind of universal physical law?

john_drummer
    Free Member

it’s the Fish People.

Alexei Sayle knew all about them

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have you got an average amount of legs ?

druidh
    Free Member

They are stealing one of your socks?

barkit
    Free Member

I’m not quite sure about it but my theory is that no matter the amount of leg there is some kind of inherent thermodynamic instability in having an even number of socks.

barkit
    Free Member

They are stealing one of your socks?

That could be, but then who’s stealing their socks?

druidh
    Free Member

I have an above average number of legs.

CountZero

It’s the wormhole in your sock drawer allowing them to sneak off to Planet S’Ock when your back’s turned… 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This lot:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idHlk8mTd9Y[/video]

john_drummer
    Free Member

That could be, but then who’s stealing their socks?

each other. a never ending circle of sock thievery. unless it’s The Fish People

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3fDouzTpk[/video]

hmm, needs the rest of it really

barkit
    Free Member

It’s the wormhole

Actually I was thinking that such a thing could be created while the washer dryer is rotating (thus explaining why some socks – one usually- disappear).

mrlugz
    Free Member

I always assumed that they turned into those wire coat hangers. I have loads in my wardrobe but I’ve never bought any.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Oops double post

Cougar

I always assumed that they turned into those wire coat hangers. I have loads in my wardrobe but I’ve never bought any.

Are you familiar with the teachings of Hugo Rune by any chance?

CountZero

Actually, the coat hangers are sentient liquid metal, and when SkyNet goes live they’re all going to morph into T-9000 Terminators.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I had to google Hugo rune. Now I have something to investigate. Cheers!

Cougar

If you’re just embarking on that voyage of discovery then I don’t know whether to be envious of you or sympathetic. But either way, let me know how you get on.

Cougar

Thinking about it,

I may be barking up the wrong tree. Was it Douglas Adams who talked about wire coat-hangers?

I really shouldn’t spod when tired.

scaredypants

socks don’t disappear

interrogate your partner – my wife has a big bag of odd socks that I only found out about last year. There are maybe 50 in there, many can even be paired up but she doesn’t do that; all she ever does is add to it 🙄 👿 😆

Squidlord
    Free Member

Do you have a dog, OP? Ours likes to steal socks and bury them in the garden. No idea what’s going on in her tiny mind.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i stole one for covering the sensor on my garden light !

barkit
    Free Member

At some point, I tried to get around the problem by buying all the same socks (which is sad) so that if several would disappear, I would still be able to build pairs out of them.

This strategy was partly successful but didn’t solve the problem: among those pairs of socks, there is still a lonely one.

logical
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard hit the nail on the head here.
    You have to sacrifice some socks and occasionaly a pair of pants to the washing god. He sits at the back of the washer and eats the socks he likes the look of.

Mine seem to turn pink in places no idea why. I always end up with black socks and pink patches round the toes.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The socks are alive. And canibalistic. They eat each other…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘why do I always end up with an odd number of socks?’ is closed to new replies.