Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why do Facebook vids on my tablet look like this…?
  • stumpy01

Not really a big issue as most Facebook vids are crap, but curious to find out why it’s happening….

Android tablet….and other videos all play without issue, but here’s a screenshot of how the videos play on Facebook. They are blocky, scrambled and greyscale….I think the sound plays fine.
    I haven’t tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but could do that if no other obvious solutions….

Any ideas….?

nickjb
    Free Member

Would love to know. Mine does that too on my old pad. Can’t find a proper fix. Clearing saved data or reinstalling fixes it for a very short time then it’s back.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Android v6 by any chance? If so it’s no wonder as even the Nexus 7 2013 which h was still supported at the time and is Google’s own device (although made by Asus) had trouble with videos. Basically they would play fine for a bit after a reboot and then suddenly stop working completely.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just had a bit if a play. I think the issue is the built in video player and there is no option to change it. Now I am trying a third party facebook app called Tinfoil. Seems to all be working fine so far.

Cougar

There’s something weird going on with Facebook’s videos. I get similar, on a PC since I went from W7 to W10. Sometimes stopping and restarting fixes it, or scrolling it off the screen and back down again.

stumpy01

slowbloke – Member

Android v6 by any chance? If so it’s no wonder as even the Nexus 7 2013 which h was still supported at the time and is Google’s own device (although made by Asus) had trouble with videos

Nope. Older than that. It’s 4.4.2 whatever that is – Kitkat?

It’s not Android that’s the problem as ALL other videos play fine; whether it’s on the LG ‘Video’ app or any of the other ones that are installed, youtube videos play fine through the youtube app, films converted with Handbrake play fine, videos taken on the camera plays fine.
    It’s just Facebook.

nickjb – Member

Just had a bit if a play. I think the issue is the built in video player and there is no option to change it. Now I am trying a third party facebook app called Tinfoil. Seems to all be working fine so far.

Didn’t know there were 3rd party FB apps. Not sure I can be bothered to change apps, but good to know.
    I ‘reported a problem’ via the app & sent them a screenshot, but I’m sure they’re aware of it anyway.

nickjb
    Free Member

Didn’t know there were 3rd party FB apps. Not sure I can be bothered to change apps, but good to know.

only takes a minute to install and you don’t need to delete the old app so no harm in trying

Cougar

Nope. Older than that. It’s 4.4.2 whatever that is – Kitkat?

Yep.

no harm in trying

Are you sure it’s legit? Not saying it isn’t, but I’d have an inherent distrust of anything calling itself a “third-party Facebook app.”

nickjb
    Free Member

Its called tinfoil. What more do you need! Its actually less invasive than the official app. Its only a web front end really but looks and acts like the proper app only it works

CraigW
    Free Member

Or just use Facebook in your browser, why do you need an app?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why do Facebook vids on my tablet look like this…?’ is closed to new replies.