Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why do caffs do this ?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I went into Wolf House Gallery's caff on Saturday, keen for some soup. On the blackboard it said "Special: Carrot and cumin soup". Sorted! "Two soups please". "Sorry, we're not serving hot food!" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGH!

clubber
    Free Member

It's a special case for you…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Another time I was in Winthrop in the Cascades, having just ridden through the snow from our log cabin. I went in the caff and asked for French toast, a personal favourite with real maple syrup. The waitress glanced at the clock which said 11.02 and told me they weren't serving the breakfast menu after 11. Why ? Is it so hard to soak some bread in egg and milk suddenly ?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I get a bit annoyed when cafes stop doing food an hour or more before they close. I appreciate they have to clean up and want to go home, but at the same time if a cafe is open I kind of expect to be able to buy what they sell from them.

genesis
    Free Member

Yep granted you have a point, ever tried to order a MaccyD breakfast 1min past the hour?
    Have to draw a line somewhere or 'one last customer' drags on for ages.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Have to draw a line somewhere or 'one last customer' drags on for ages.

do they ? Why? Ever heard of "all day breakfast" ? It's still food after all!

Keva
    Free Member

this is a favourite of mine….

Fallen Down.. burger bar scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8qT9Xop5k

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why do caffs do this ?’ is closed to new replies.