Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Why divorced and not single?
  • JCornford

I was just wondering why do companies insist you list yourself as divorced and not single? What difference does it make, as you are technically single again?

Pook

just put single. It's not like they can discriminate is it what with Equal Opps legislation?

GW
    Free Member

technically you are a failure at marriage.

IanMunro
    Free Member

It's so they no what sort of failure you are.
    Single – failed to find a partner
    Divorced – failed to find the right partner

🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The only possible reason would be in the case of the female party as she may have been known by another surname in the past. But I don't see how they can make you 'list yourself' as divorced.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Try being long-term attached to someone yet still being forced to be "single". Even better, in a recent mortgage app we had to put "living with partner" on one, but couldn't put "living with partner" on the other as that would apparently mean there were 4 people in the house :S WTF? So we're now listed as single and living with partner, but theres only 2 of us. Idiots.

DaRC_L

it's because some people want to indicate that their other half failed at marriage rather than they're some feckless 40+ year old who's never managed a stable relationship…

and the kids aren't barstewards either 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

tick both then single and divoirced when you marry tick divorced and married simple
    Also say you are a different race …they wont ever challenge you or ask for proof EVER

thomthumb
    Free Member

CK but that makes three by my counting?

coffeeking
    Free Member

CK but that makes three by my counting?

I know! I sat with my head in my hands while talking to the chap, didn't leave me much confidence TBH!

willard

Pity me then… I am both divorced and married. Luckily I only have to put "married" on most paperwork, although some of the stuff I have had to fill in recently made me dig out the decree absolute and drag up history…

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Tick "none of your bloody business, ****-o"

if that's an option. If not, write it in

konabunny
    Free Member

Pity me then… I am both divorced and married.

Come to think of it – someone who's estranged from their second husband/wife would be single, married and divorced all at the same time…

Drac

They can't insist on it, so tick single or none of them.

kevonakona
    Free Member

sh1t, i'm divirced (x2), single and living with partner. I think.

showerman
    Free Member

kevonakona you have failed big time

TooTall
    Free Member

Try being long-term attached to someone yet still being forced to be "single".

Try getting married?

*shrugs*

or are you somehow sticking it to the man by not complying with social norms?

zaskar
    Free Member

Single and never want to be married unless wanting kiddies.

I never choose partnered in case companies think I am Gay which I have no problem but not always with interviewers from the dark ages etc.

They still think I'm gay if I'm 30+ and single lol

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

LMAO @ Zaskar!!

zaskar
    Free Member

Its true though!

I go into the interview room and the lady interview asks if you're married or partnered etc even though you selected single.
    There is no ring on your hand…

Is she checking I filled it in or something else? Gay she thinks I'm gay and she has a problem with it. (I'm not gay and have nothing against it.)

My solution: Deep voice and flirt and compliment and laugh at her bad jokes…yes I will sell my ass to get that job if she's under 50.

She goes away flattered and knows yep he's single and available…and not gay.

I wish we lived in society where nobody is discriminated. But I wouldn't get that job.

Dam its a guy, be his tough best mate…be his tough best mate…

CaptJon
    Free Member

I love those type of questions. i tick a different ethnicity every time i fill out an EqOpp form.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Why divorced and not single?’ is closed to new replies.