Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why did Specialized stop making the Tricross?
  • ElShalimo

Genuine question – I like my 2011 basic model and accept it’s a hybrid/light tourer, not a true CX or a gravel bike.
    If they’d have altered the frame for wider tyres it might have been enough to keep it alive.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is that not pretty much what the diverge is though?

ElShalimo

I think the Diverge has max 35mm tyres so a bit less than a Tricross

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Diverge – Fast gnarmac/light tourer
    Sequoia – Light tourer/rougher gnarmac
    AWOL – Full tourer
    Crux – Proper crosser

Tricross was surplus to requirements.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

They Tri’d to replace it and now you’re Cross they didn’t.

IGMC

ElShalimo

It seems that it was dropped for 2015 with the Diverge & AWOL replacing it. The Crux has been around for many years. The Sequoia came in 2016. It just seems a strange move to replace 1 bike with N bikes.

amedias
    Free Member

The Sequoia came back* in 2016

*but a bit differenty

MoreCashThanDash

I always fancied the Singlecross as a commuter, surprised that’s not reappeared in another guise.

superjohn71
    Free Member

I had a 2008 tricross comp in medium, which was just too small for me, but was otherwise ace. When I see many gravel bikes I often think they are similar in concept. I quite liked mine. Actually, I miss it…

Looks on eBay while better half is in kitchen……. 🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The days of buying a Singlecross Tricross for ~£300 feel a lifetime ago, think my one was <1Kg heavier than my Felt F5C that cost over four times the price! 😯

Great bike, was nice to TimP on here get it roadworthy again so quickly after buying it last summer, after it sat in the garage for over two years needing a few bits sorting after my RTA.

Were they perhaps ditched because they were so cheap to buy and so cheap to maintain? Great for us consumers, not so good for businesses.

A modern version with proper hydraulics would be awesome, but I suspect it would cost more than the Pinnacle Arkose Singlespeed, which is now a staggering £850! 😯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why did Specialized stop making the Tricross?’ is closed to new replies.