Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why did my fork seal detach from my lowers coming down Snowdon?
  • winrya
    Free Member

Hi guys, coming down snowdon today I heard a pop from my forks and looked down to see I’d lost a load of air pressure and the fork seal on the dual air side was sat at the top of the sanctions.

Forks are rockshox revs u turn teams with the black box. I managed to push the seal back down and pump it back up and worked perfect for the rest of the descent (at a slightly higher pressure as it went pop at 100% travel) Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks,

Ryan

Northwind

Air escaping from the positive spring into the leg. I’ve had this myself with my Teams, they reinflated fine but popped again later, so ended up needing rebuilt.

winrya
    Free Member

Would a service from tftuned fix this as I was thinking of getting them serviced pretty soonish anyway?

Northwind

They’ll definately be able to sort it but it might be slightly more involved than a service. Mine had some other internal damage, which may have happened before or during, so needed other parts replaced at the same time- but you might not.

winrya
    Free Member

Thanks for the response, I’ve sent an email to tf tuned to get an idea of cost 😕

Any other places worth sending the forks or are TF Tuned about the best for rockshox?

daveagiles
    Free Member

Mine did that.

Fixed under warenty, don’t forget they are covered for 2 years…

sv

Try Loco Tuning for servicing.

skywalker
    Free Member

Because they are Rock Shox

winrya
    Free Member

Cheers, sent Loco an email, £20 cheaper for a service 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

daveagiles – Member
    Mine did that.

Fixed under warenty, don’t forget they are covered for 2 years…

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

+1. 18Bikes sorted it all out for me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why did my fork seal detach from my lowers coming down Snowdon?’ is closed to new replies.