Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Why choose a carbon full suspension?
  • maxtorque

Northwind

Not really- frame stiffness isn’t just in the direction of the suspension after all

Which is why i used the word Kinematics, rather than saying suspension movement, ie including the full dynamic loading of the suspension and frame!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Carbon can be built to be all things to all people, stiff in one area flex/vibration absorption in others. That’s the beauty of it.

andybrad

so if your going to be buying a new bike. Both identical. do you spend the extra 1k on the carbon version or not?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amedias
    Free Member

so if your going to be buying a new bike. Both identical. do you spend the extra 1k on the carbon version or not?

Personally, no, but that’s due to budget constraints, If I had enough money that an extra 1k wasn’t a problem, then yes, I’d buy the carbon one, but as it stands that would’ be waaay too much of a premium to be worth it.

How much it’s worth to you though is a different matter entirely.

julians
    Free Member

I wouldnt, on the assumption that everything else is the same (ie same components, the only difference being a carbon or alu frame) not at the moment anyway, in my experience/opinion the difference between the two is not significant enough to warrant the extra cash. I speak as someone who has owned a carbon full suss and a couple of alu full suss bikes.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Why choose a carbon full suspension?’ is closed to new replies.