Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Why can't you get flesh coloured tattoos?
  • franksinatra

Instead of expensive laser treatment to remove unwanted tattos, why could a tattoo artist not just mix up ink to match the persons skin tone then colour over the tat with it, adding in a few freckles for good measure?

It would kind of ruin the tattoo fixers tele show but seems logical to me.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You can in some respects but its not quite that easy as the inks won’t always cover whats underneath.
    Certain colours just don’t take in some peoples skin too – white being a prime example.

jimjam
    Free Member

Because instead of erasing it’s much better to get a giant koi carp/dragon/terminator/rose/pocket watch/tribal pattern/mountains/compass/skulls montage that’s a special expression of your uniqueness and individuality.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ve got loads of flesh coloured tattoos. They’re invisible to the naked, or any other eye, which is handy as it means I look slightly less of a ****.

leffeboy

It would be like ‘magic ink’ you had as a child. Go out in the sun for a couple of hours and a message appears. Genius, and so open to abuse

Northwind

Your skin is not always the same colour.

footflaps

Can’t they just inject bleach?

zanelad
    Free Member

Have I stumbled across the Viz forum by mistake 😛

CountZero

jimjam – Member
    Because instead of erasing it’s much better to get a giant koi carp/dragon/terminator/rose/pocket watch/tribal pattern/mountains/compass/skulls montage that’s a special expression of your uniqueness and individuality.

🙄
    The thing is, tattoo inks are fairly transparent, so trying to go over a dark ink with a lighter one is unlikely to work, as the darker ink will just show through. There are white inks, but again they don’t really have high opacity; it ain’t like using tippex!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’ve got loads of flesh coloured tattoos. They’re invisible to the naked, or any other eye, which is handy as it means I look slightly less of a ****.

It’s not a tattoo that makes you a ****. 😉

Individualism and uniqueness comes from having your own ideas and not regurgitating tired old opinions on tattoo threads. 🙄

jimjam
    Free Member

captainsasquatch

Individualism and uniqueness comes from having your own ideas and not regurgitating tired old opinions on tattoo threads.

Ah yes I forgot. If you don’t have “ink” you don’t understand. And if you do have ink, you’ll invariably have a sense of humour failure about shit tats.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Not at all jimjam but you don’t hear those with tattoos complaining about those who don’t have them……..

Moses

‘cos the layer of skin above the ink is very thin, and to ensure that a new pigment is put on top rather than below, is nigh impossible.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Ah yes I forgot. If you don’t have “ink” you don’t understand

That’s not what I said, is it? And you did quote me, so I guess that’s for my attention. My point was quite clear that there is a certain irony in your statement.
    ‘Tis also true what hammyuk says. I judge people on who they are and not what they look like.
    I wonder if you can help me as I don’t know whether I’ll like my tattoos in a few years or when my body gets old, wrinkled and saggy.

CountZero

Individualism and uniqueness comes from having your own ideas and not regurgitating tired old opinions on tattoo threads.

Ah yes I forgot. If you don’t have “ink” you don’t understand. And if you do have ink, you’ll invariably have a sense of humour failure about shit tats.

Oh, and jimjam, a jackass is still a jackass regardless of whether or not they ‘have ink’ or how good it is.
    If I meet someone who has interesting and well executed tattoos, I’ll compliment them on them, otherwise I’ll say nothing at all.
    I was once told, ‘If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’, good advice, don’t you think?

prawny

I think I might have had a brief ‘thing’ with her around the turn of the century

jimjam
    Free Member

CountZero

Oh, and jimjam, a jackass is still a jackass regardless of whether or not they ‘have ink’ or how good it is.
    If I meet someone who has interesting and well executed tattoos, I’ll compliment them on them, otherwise I’ll say nothing at all.
    I was once told, ‘If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’, good advice, don’t you think?

I haven’t got ink so I don’t understand.

maccruiskeen

footflaps

it ain’t like using tippex!

Can’t they just inject tipex?

Cougar

I don’t have “ink” but I also manage not to be a judgemental arse. ‘s not hard.

Can’t they just inject tipex?

Bad side effects, high risk of a white-out.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Well I see the Mod’s have woken up and decided someone got butthurt…. 🙄

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Why can't you get flesh coloured tattoos?’ is closed to new replies.