Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • why can't I view web video on my htc desire?
  • Phototim
    Free Member

I have a desire with Android 2.1. It's supposed to support flash but I am yet to find a site that allows me to view the videos. Pink bike, mpora, Facebook, vimeo, bbc – none of these work. The only video that will work is the YouTube app.

Do I have to wait for Android 2.2 to be released?

verses

BBC and FB work for me (I'm using 2.1), what network are you on?

EDIT: And they worked out of the box, I've not done anything to enable them.

Phototim
    Free Member

O2

When I've tried to play BBC stuff it has said there is a connection failure or something.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

You need to download flash from the android market – it's not installed by default.

Phototim
    Free Member

I can view some flash, ie the simple viewer works on my website. If I search for flash in the market, nothing useful comes up?

disco_stu
    Free Member

doesn't the desire come with Mobile Flash 3? I think for Flash 10.1 you'll need to wait for Android 2.2

Phototim
    Free Member

It definitely has some sort of flash installed bit it can't deal with any flash video which is pointless.

Another thing I've noticed is that there are all sorts of programs listed under settings, manage applications but I've no idea how I use them as they are not listed in the application launcher thing.

CountZero

IIRC, Flash Mobile is still in Beta and hasn't been rolled out by Adobe.

Cougar

Try Skyfire.

glenh
    Free Member

Just install 2.2 and get full flash 10.1

twistedlemons
    Free Member

cos its not an iphone

Andituk
    Free Member

Yeah, the iPhone's flash implimentation is so much better…

IanMmmm
    Free Member

2.2 isn't out for Desire yet. Official update before Christmas, but CyanogenMod is due out any day – if you're prepared to root and flash your own phone.

CountZero

There's only one place on the Internet that I find the lack of Flash to be restrictive and that's the streaming audio on Myspace. And as I spend little time there it's not too much of a issue. Been using an iPhone for over eighteen months; yet to find anything where lack of Flash has compromised my 'full Web experience'. But then, I'm not obsessed with it.

GrahamS

Out of interest: mpora, facebook, youtube and BBC iPlayer apps all work just fine on iPhone without needing Flash.

You may find similar apps for Android.

loddrik
    Free Member

I am, regretably, an iPhone user, and would dearly love Flash…

GrahamS

I am, regretably, an iPhone user, and would dearly love Flash…

For what…?

I'm with CountZero (tho perhaps with less zealotry) I don't miss Flash at all. The only site it's a pain on is the embedded video on the BBC News, which I guess would be nice to have, but definitely not something I would "dearly love" Flash for.

loddrik
    Free Member

I cannot stand Apple and all the idiots that are really 'into them', steve jobs is a tit but unfortunately it is still the best device for web browsing, I really wish it wasnt though…

GrahamS

Actually I'd say the Android phones are better devices if Flash is particularly important to you.

But what is it you would "dearly love Flash" for??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘why can't I view web video on my htc desire?’ is closed to new replies.