Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • why cant I sell my bike?
  • renton
    Free Member

I’ve had my bike in the classifieds for a few days now and ive had no interest?

Can you have a look at the ad for it(3 week old bfe)

Do you think its a fair price or am i asking to much ?

Opinions welcome please

Thanks

Steve

cynic-al
    Free Member

link?

bigG
    Free Member

My opinion is that this is just a lame attempt to get your for sale ad some more attention.

Boo,, down with this sort of thing

jota180
    Free Member

I couldn’t shift my Titus on here or Bike Radar despite a very good price
    It lasted less than 24 hours on eBay before someone snapped it up – I’d try that

cynic-al
    Free Member

found it…my guess is price is too high but I’m not going to work it out.

You lose a lot a) selling a whole bike b) selling new stuff.

Best to split.

Del

no link, but if you’ve been reposting it @ the same price then you’re almost certainly asking too much.
    who buys a 3 week old complete bfe on here anyway?
    it would need to be a bargain, and unless the parts are all new too, you’re taking a punt on possibly a load of worn out crap.

renton
    Free Member

bigG that’s not true at all, the bike in question is quite well liked on this forum so merely asking peoples opinions.

They don’t crop up for sale that often on here or the bay hence why I am asking.

Thanks

Steve

Gribs

The price doesn’t seem that high but your market is fairly limited for a near £1k secondhand ht. If you want to sell it quickly you’ll need to drop the price by a few hundred quid or split for parts.

Garry_Lager

Price is right ballpark IMHO (although I know nothing about fox forks). Lovely pics – you’d shift that on eBay nae bother.

chiefgrooveguru

Also I’d expect many buying that frame would build it up quite differently.

renton
    Free Member

I wasn’t planning on selling it but a very short notice posting out to afghanistan to cover for a lad and the realisation it is goiong to sit in the shed untill june next year has led me to try and sell it to someone that will actually use it.

No worn parts at all.

Frame and all the nukeproof kit is 3 weeks old.

All the rest apart from the forks and rear mech are less than 6 months old.

Thanks

Steve

renton
    Free Member

How would you build it p differently chief grooveguru ?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I would say unless something is a bargain then its a bad time to be selling anything at the moment, nobody feels that secure in employment, summer has been poor so far( last few days excepted)and folks are just trying to keep their head above water with increased household bills, cost of running a car, those on tax credits have seen a drop as well and also those with families/ couples will be thinking holiday money/ clothes etc for the annual hols.
    Kids have just broke up too so probably 10% of your target audience are probably on a beach somewhere or the alps
    😀

Bregante

Nowt wrong with the price IMHO and if I was after a hardtail I’d be tempted. It’s just that £1k is a lot of money to have sitting around.fairly certain the frame would go pretty much straight away if you were going to split. As above I reckon it’d do pretty well on eBay .

renton
    Free Member

I can’t stand ebay though its nothing but hassle !

I’ve offered it as a swap too for a full suss but no bites.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Everyone has gone wagon wheel crazy too

druidh
    Free Member

Your market isn’t actually that large. You might just have to wait until the right buyer comes forward. Alternatively, consider splitting it.

renton
    Free Member

So it seems mate !

Thanks for all the replies anyway.

Might have to brave the bay.

How would you price it on there then to get a sale ?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Your lowest price + 10%

renton
    Free Member

Druidh I did think about splitting but realistically I just haven’t got time .

cynic-al
    Free Member

auction start at 99p

renton
    Free Member

am I likely to get what I’ve got itn up for on here over on ebay,bearing in mind fees etc

If not it doesn’t make sense to sell it.

chiefgrooveguru

Stiffer forks, 1×10 with chainguide, shorter stem, wider rims, front disc bigger than rear. However someone building it like that would probably need to be over 6’2″ to buy a large, whilst your more XC build would suit 5’11” upwards.

patriotpro
    Free Member

bigG – Member
    My opinion is that this is just a lame attempt to get your for sale ad some more attention.

So?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

To get the most out of ebay good pics are a must plus a clear description

Plus what cynical said

accu
    Free Member

price seems not too high for me..

otherwise as druidh said..it takes some time..or splitting

patriotpro
    Free Member

Seems fair to me – you have put ‘ono’ after all.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers cheif

If I did end up keepimg it I was thinking of putting bigger forks on it and perhaps single ringing it .

Merlinman

Right – we’ve had complaints that this may be just a ‘subtle’ attempt to point to an item for sale.

You’ve had a number of responses – so we’ll close this thread now.

Can you imagine how it would be if everyone who had items for sale in the Classifieds did this?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘why cant I sell my bike?’ is closed to new replies.