Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • Why can't Froome stop slagging off Bradley
  • markrh
    Free Member

Now he feels the need to bring up his doubts about his mental strength during the 2012 tdf, he’s starting to sound like a worried man concerning Brads possible inclusion in the team?

thehustler
    Free Member

all a bit sour grapes tbh froome could have won a couple of the mountains but not by thetimes wiggo took off him in the TT’s. Shame really as the 2012 course suited wiggo so he won, 2013 suited froome better and guess what he won……just because he wasn’t first……

toys19
    Free Member

They both sound like nobs.

vickypea
    Free Member

In his book, Froome goes on about what a surprise it was to him as the 2012 Tour progressed to discover that Sky’s aim was to get a Brit to win the yellow jersey, and that the strategy was geared for Wiggo to be that man. Wiggo’s training was all aimed at that goal, and he had a proven track record on a bike with Olympic medals. Froome was more of an unknown quantity then and doesn’t consider himself a Brit anyway.
    How could he claim that aim had been hidden from him when it was known to the rest of the world?

enfht
    Free Member

They both sound like nobs.

Not just sound like

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone else think that these days we get too much access to what telly and sports “stars” think? I prefer the old days where they all looked so much better from a respectful distance.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Both seem to have ‘Premiership Mentality’.
    On the other hand I respect both of them for for what they can do ON the bike.

Danny79
    Free Member

It’s probably got a fair bit to do with shifting extra copies of his book, like anyone with something to sell giving the papers a story gets coverage and boosts sales.

samuri
    Free Member

Froomes missus will be bending his ear no doubt.

“he said he was better than you. He called you crap. He said you ride like a huge preying mantis pushing a shopping trolley. He said you love looking at stems because you’ve got no stem to speak of.
    Are you going to let him talk about you like that? You’re not a real man if you let him do that”

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Froome comes across as a bit of a brat if you ask me, I’m beginning to really go off the guy. “Brit’ or not – I think I may end up supporting one of the other GC riders if Wiggo’s not there!

mrblobby
    Free Member

but not by thetimes wiggo took off him in the TT’s

Only took 2 minutes off Froome in the three TTs.

footflaps

I can see why he might be bitter, Wiggo wins the TdF and is national hero, whereas for example, the wife didn’t even know that Froome had won he Tdf (as I suspect is the same with many people).

mrlebowski
    Free Member

If he’s bitter he needs a bloody reality check – he’s the won TDF FFS!!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Why do people keep reading it all and caring?

markrh
    Free Member

Well Froome may be bitter but what does he expect over here, its not like he spends any time in this country or was born here. Its a flag of convenience he rides under, well thats how a lot of people see it

brakes
    Free Member

Why do people keep reading it all and caring?

^^^that.
    you’re all just media drones.

samuri
    Free Member

If I won the TDF I’d wear a gold suit, put a crown on and sit in a throne like I fricking owned the place!

That’s what I’d do and if Froome said stuff about me, I’d get the queen to send some soldiers with big fur hats on round to Froomes house.

butcher

It’s all getting a bit old, but I think it’s the media more than anything. There’s a big media spoon, constantly stirring. I think half of it’s made up.

Got his new book to start today though. Be interesting to see how much stirring Froome does.

ads678

Wiggo wins the TdF and is national hero, whereas for example, the wife didn’t even know that Froome had won he Tdf

Froome hadn’t won a shit load of Olympic medals first though, and been trying to win the TDF for 4 previous years, having already come 3rd and missed out on a probable win through a crash. Wiggo’s hero status isn’t only for the one TDF win, although it was the icing on the cake.

I prefer Cav to either of them though.

markrh
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted to be a ‘media Drone’ result! 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Plus wiggo swears at people and has a bit of style. And he lives near me.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Froome looks like a horribly stretched baby, so for that reason…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If I won the TDF I’d wear a gold suit, put a crown on and sit in a throne like I fricking owned the place!

Been done (sort of)

vickypea
    Free Member

I prefer Cav too. Or the lovely Fabian Cancellara…..

grtdkad

doesn’t consider himself a Brit anyway

… this is a significant part of the problem.

…and the fact that he bitches, snipes and generally talks and acts disrespectfully about his own team mates (even during a race) is another.

I really have very little time for Froome. He’s a ****.

fasthaggis

If it comes down to a fight,my money is on the Belgian 😛

scaredypants

Merckx ?

Bit old, but you may still be right

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m going off Froome too. TBH, I’ve never been that excited by him.

loddrik
    Free Member

Froome is a tit. Wiggins all the way.

oldgit
    Free Member

Froome is like a pair of shoes you save for weddings and funerals.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Froome is a little bitch.

oldgit
    Free Member

🙂

pondo

I think it’s only cause Froome’s books been serialised – released today, I think.

therevokid
    Free Member

if it comes to a fight my money is on Hinault … 🙂

stevious

A bit of perspective required, I think. This wasn’t Froome piping up from nowhere saying ‘I think Wiggo is a weakling’ but a response to the interviewer asking if Wiggins showed mental weakness when he cracked on stage 11. It was a dumb way to respond to the question, but only because of all the semi-literates who can’t seem to read past a sensationalist headline.

JCL
    Free Member

Either way, look at this guy out front at the end. The best pedalling style of any road cyclist, ever.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rOkUgA4v2Vs[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

A bit of perspective required, I think. This wasn’t Froome piping up from nowhere saying ‘I think Wiggo is a weakling’ but a response to the interviewer asking if Wiggins showed mental weakness when he cracked on stage 11. It was a dumb way to respond to the question, but only because of all the semi-literates who can’t seem to read past a sensationalist headline.

Er no, some of us formed our opinions on Froome a long way before that..

Marmoset
    Free Member

therevokid – Member
    if it comes to a fight my money is on Hinault …

A badger beating a cannibal….whatever next!

Houns

He’s just confirmed on BBC news he won’t be riding the TDF

hopster
    Free Member

He’s just confirmed on BBC news he won’t be riding the TDF

Shame. Let them have a shoot out IMO.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Why can't Froome stop slagging off Bradley’ is closed to new replies.