• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cb.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why can I get the HD tv channels on only one of my TVs?
  • cb

Nice new Sony LED in the living room gets the BBC, ITV and C4 HD channels no bother. However, we have another Sony elsewhere in the house (couple of years old) and the freeview tuner just doesn’t find them! Any ideas as to why that might be?

Both TVs are HD and both use in built freeview. No Sky or dish of any kind.

Cheers

woody2000

One has an HD tuner and the other doesn’t.

nealglover
    Free Member

Sounds about right woody.

geoffj

signal degraded too much on longer cable run to extra TV?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think woody has it.

Are they both connected to the same external ariel ? Assuming not have you tried switching the location of the TVs (in case it’s to do with signal strength) ?

geoffj

cb

Both connected to same aerial. The HD tuner thing could be it? Is that simply Freeview HD in one and just Freeview in another? I wasn’t aware that they differed – bit odd having a HD TV if it doesn’t have capability of receiving HD channels…off to investigate.

Thanks

woody2000

You got it cb 🙂

It’s not uncommon (especially in older TVs) to have an HD screen and only a standard tuner.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

TV’s have been capable of HD (Blu-Ray, plasystation etc) without HD tuners built in for years.

Sounds like you dont have HD tuners in both your TV’s. Seperate HD tuner is about £80-100 IIRC. For 4 HD channels 😯

cb

Thanks all – I shall be living without HD in the ‘spare’ then!! My next question will be about taps…I love this place!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why can I get the HD tv channels on only one of my TVs?’ is closed to new replies.