Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why are womens saddles aways described as ‘shorter’ than the mans version ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

as above. I find it a puzzling description.

tinsy
    Free Member

I bought a Charge Ladle for the wife and it is a lot shorter than the mens Spoon… I dont understand why that would be better for women bits but can only assume they have done the research.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have guys saddles fitted on my bikes, as I find a lot of womens saddles are too wide and push me forward on the saddle. Just as well I dont have one of these ‘female short’ ones as I would fall off the front in the end 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Why are womens saddles aways described as ‘shorter’ than the mans version

because apparently “size doesnt matter”?

😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Funnily enough, it’s because they’re shorter. Women have a wider set of “sit bones” than men, which accounts for the wider saddle, and I guess without men’s dangly bits they don’t need so much support up front.

CountZero

What coatesy said. Doesn’t work for all women, but generally their saddles are shorter and wider due to marked physiological differences between the sexes in the pelvic region.

rs
    Free Member

i thought it was so we had somewhere to rest our bits on 😀

brakes
    Free Member

they might enjoy their riding a little too much if they were longer

Bez

I find it a puzzling description.

What on earth is puzzling about a shorter item being described as shorter?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

“saddles are shorter and wider due to marked physiological differences between the sexes in the pelvic region.”

I realise that many women prefer wider saddles – but I dont see why that effects the length of the saddle? Womens ‘bits’ are not going to hang safely off the front of a short saddle as they are too far underneath our bodies for that to happen! I use SDG and Charge spoons and I don’t keep thinking ‘this saddle is too long’.

Maybe some womenns frames are smaller, so they try to give more clearance between the bars and the saddle?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why are womens saddles aways described as ‘shorter’ than the mans version ?’ is closed to new replies.