Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Why are used motorbikes so expensive?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Bandits are going up in price I sold mine a few years back and the same bike on the same year plate is more now than then

My tl1000 I made profit on and it seems they are flying up in value if you can get hold of a decent one

allthegear
    Free Member

Hmm – wonder what a BMW S1000XR with 20000 miles on it after only 18 months will be worth? 😳

Rachel

firestarter
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like my old Street triple rachel it was due it’s 12k mile service after four months 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My tl1000 I made profit on and it seems they are flying up in value if you can get hold of a decent one

I suspect that like classic cars they’re desirable because middle aged men/women with some disposable income don’t get any interest from putting it in the banks so have no incentive to sell one bike before getting another hence those for sale go for more money. Motorbiking n+1.

Although I have a Midget and it seems to be the only classic car not to have appreciated at all in the last 10 years! Even the in-laws moggie has gone up 30% in 3 years!

Dickyboy

Some of it might be trickle down from increasing prices of “classic” bikes where silly money is paid for LC’s and FS1E’s – plus I recon people are more likely to hold onto a bike as it costs them nothing to stick it in the back of the shed rather than sell it on & there aren’t a great deal of secondhand bikes to go round on the first place. Had my bike 11yrs, used to do 4.5k pa but not ridden for last 3 yrs prob worth £500 more than I paid for it, meanwhile the two Moto Morini bikes I sold to buy it have tripled in value and the guzzi I should have bought has more than quadrupled in the same time 😥

mugsys_m8

MZ 250’s are going up in price as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why are used motorbikes so expensive?’ is closed to new replies.