Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Why are there no good mountain bike books??
  • oldnick

We need to lobby Mr Warner to write a book.

WOULD IT ALL BE IN CAPITALS?

MrPottatoHead

Not really a book about mountain biking as such but ‘Three men on a bike’ is a pretty good cycling/adventure related read.

kennyp
    Free Member

Paul Howard’s book about riding the Tour Divide is pretty good. More about the adventure than mountain biking per se, but none the worse for it.

johnny_met
    Free Member

Dividing the Great gets good reviews

NormalMan

crispo – Member
    Diving the Great
    Read this book by John Metcalfe on holiday earlier this year and I found it a great mountain biking read

Please to hear that as I’ve ordered a copy to take away on holiday with me.

+1 on Paul Howard’s two wheels on my wagon as well. I really enjoyed that.

akak
    Free Member

This Hans Rey book? http://2013.hansrey.com/shop/ it does look good, and not available in the uk for some reason.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Repack_rider, hopefully you will pop on here again and read this, and see there would be the interest

What do they say about the Devil, whisper his name and he shows up?

I have a collection of books about mountain biking, mostly signed first editions. Nothing in my collection touches mine, because my personal mountain bike history starts before there were mountain bikes, and includes the time when I was one of about a dozen such cyclists in the world.

I wrote my own press release. Here it is.

ampthill

17 September

A day to look forward to

😀

Hang on we may be waiting until the 1 October

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fat-Tire-Flyer-Repack-Mountain/dp/1937715167/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410276117&sr=8-1&keywords=repack+rider

I assume that’s it. I mean how many books can you be releasing?

colournoise

+1 for a collected volume of Mint Sauce.

Documents UK riding since pretty early days, and says a lot (to me at least) about how and why we ride.

Pretty pictures too.

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 for a collected volume of Mint Sauce.

Only if it comes with a free key ring 😉

So repack any progress with selling signed copies direct, I’m holding off pre-ordering from Amazon

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

So repack any progress with selling signed copies direct, I’m holding off pre-ordering from Amazon

I should be able to take care of you. I will be selling signed copies online as soon as I get some.

I heard from the editor that the books arrived from the printer today. I haven’t even seen it, but he says it looks great. I’ll see it tomorrow, and I’ll be signing copies along with Joe Breeze and Gary Fisher on Thursday.

Kahurangi

I should be able to take care of you. I will be selling signed copies online as soon as I get some.

I heard from the editor that the books arrived from the printer today. I haven’t even seen it, but he says it looks great. I’ll see it tomorrow, and I’ll be signing copies along with Joe Breeze and Gary Fisher on Thursday.

Please post a new thread here or add to this one – I’d be really really keen to get hold of a signed book as many other here would!

jameso

To Mendoza; pushing through the pampa.

If there’s ever an album of his trips I’d buy it. One section alone and just look at the landscapes.. Superb pictures.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Why are there no good mountain bike books??’ is closed to new replies.