• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why are the public in cornwall/bodmin slating this project?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Reactionary NIMBYism.

End of thread.

jam-bo

are they? apart from sue and val?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Asking for information seems reasonable. We had an experience in Sussex where “improvements” to a bridleway meant turning wooded singletrack into a gravel road. Plus of course the Rushup Edge shambles.

orena45

Basically, the main A road through Bodmin is having to be closed (in stages) to construct the improvements. Inevitably, this will inconvenience locals getting in and out of town due to the congestion and local businesses are worried about losing trade.

On the plus side, the new Bikepark Cornwall project posted up on their FB page yesterday that they have found a location near Cardinham/Lanhydrock and are now seeking crowdfunding to put together a feasibility report.

jam-bo

I saw that. £10k for a feasibility study. They’re having a laugh aren’t they!

Pook

Rushup Edge shambles.

Still working on it…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Most of the nimbys only see one sentence of that-

Plans involve narrowing carriageways, widening pavements and installing new surfacing to slow down traffic

And they pay their road tax you know!
    Sounds brilliant to me.

rossburton
    Free Member

Bodmin’s been the centre of a “cone festival” for years as part of the A30 widening, and now they want to close more roads for cycling provision, which is where 90% of the rage comes from. I suspect they could have been closing roads to give every house magic unicorn juice on tap and they’d be people moaning.

D0NK

Someone’s trying to build a (road) cycle track in Bolton, it keeps getting knocked back, I have strong suspicions that it’s nimbys (if not out and out bike haterz) who keep blocking it on principal. But I dunno, could be an amalgamation of people complaining about different parts of it.
    grumpy1: it needs to be secure otherwise motorbikes will raz round it
    CC: ok we’ll build a ruddy great fence round it
    Grumpy2: it’ll be an eyesore

plus all the idiots saying “screw cycling, spend the money on fixing the roads”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why are the public in cornwall/bodmin slating this project?’ is closed to new replies.